Bones Kickstarter #2 Pre-discussion

MonkeySloth

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I kept asking for Gauth in the first kickstarter and Reaper replied wouldn't I rather have something bigger and better... And we ended up with Nethy and Kaliy, which wasn't too shabby.

Still would like to see Gauth make an appearance in the 2nd KS though.

Wouldn't you rather have something bigger and better?

You… tease.

Also, yes. Yes we would.

• Like 1

I kept asking for Gauth in the first kickstarter and Reaper replied wouldn't I rather have something bigger and better... And we ended up with Nethy and Kaliy, which wasn't too shabby.

ku-medium.jpg

• Like 6

YES!! Bigger, Better.....Gauth it would be cool to see a redone Gauth in this one like was done with Kally in the first one.

Such a wyrmtease.

I'd still like to complete the Reaper big boxed set dragon series with Gauth, Viridius and, hum, what's his face though. Would give me black/red/green/white and blue dragons of about the same size (I think).

Not that you can't paint a dragon a different color, but, gamer OCD... Also I find most of them adhere very well to my idea of how the different chromatics look, so they're pretty perfect.

I wouldn't mind another giant per se, but I'm not buglips. Even building up the courage to paint one of them takes quite a while.

Edited by araziel

Stepping back a bit, earlier in this same thread somebody said that we didn't need to do any more dragons, we had enough. and now several people are saying that we do.

You do realize it is not possible to make everybody happy with this, right? SOme of you are going to see stretch goals that have minis you absolutely do not want, and some of those models might even be freebies we "force" you to take (Yes, that was a thing people wrote angry e-mails about) or options that because you have no interest, you consider boring and a waste of time?

Given that, knowing that even WITHIN OUR OUWN FORUM we cannot please just the participants of this thread, please be patient and understanding of us when we make decisions that you don't like, but we made for business reasons. For us, the bottom line is "what models do the BONES Ranges NEED to have?", which may not share the same answers as "what models do I want for my display shelf/tabletop game/box in the bottom of my closet?"

If you all agree to accept that, I might be able to coax permisison for a few facts or even a photo...

Yes. Yes I would.

How about a removable Mouseling Dragonrider on a living version of Kaladrax atop the ruins of a castle tower.

• Like 1

Better...sure. Bigger? Not so sure. While big K is interesting, that is getting into furniture sizes and it becomes less useful. The existing metal dragons are a great size IMO, and while I have shelled out the peanuts to get them all, I would likely pick up several more in Bones, and they would be used for more than keeping the shelf they sit on in place. Even with pins and epoxy gluing them together, I dont like to mess around with big metal too much. Fear of snapping off a wing or other part leaves them relegated to the display shelves while my repainted McFarlane dragons take center stage.

If we were to see them released in Bones though, I have a couple ideas for a dragon rider army that would become feasible...so, yep, better, but not nescessarrily bigger.

Stepping back a bit, earlier in this same thread somebody said that we didn't need to do any more dragons, we had enough. and now several people are saying that we do.

You do realize it is not possible to make everybody happy with this, right? SOme of you are going to see stretch goals that have minis you absolutely do not want, and some of those models might even be freebies we "force" you to take (Yes, that was a thing people wrote angry e-mails about) or options that because you have no interest, you consider boring and a waste of time?

Given that, knowing that even WITHIN OUR OUWN FORUM we cannot please just the participants of this thread, please be patient and understanding of us when we make decisions that you don't like, but we made for business reasons. For us, the bottom line is "what models do the BONES Ranges NEED to have?", which may not share the same answers as "what models do I want for my display shelf/tabletop game/box in the bottom of my closet?"

If you all agree to accept that, I might be able to coax permisison for a few facts or even a photo...

Speaking only for myself:

1.) I don't need any new, large dragons and will never paint even half of the ones I have now.

2.) I will buy any that appear, just like last time.

Logic does not apply to miniatures.

I'll happily agree not to complain that you didn't include my Favorite Pet Suggestiontm in any future teases, but I am only one man. ::P:

• Like 5

I agree that if there is no Bryanzilla miniature there will be a reckoning. RAWR!

In addition there needs to be an option where I can hand pick specifically the minis only I want in my KS, and it needs to be delivered yesterday.

• Like 2