Mantic announces Mars Attack Kickstarter

Darsc Zacal

EDIT: Link to kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/mars-attacks-the-miniatures-game?ref=live

So in a video interview by TGN from Gen Con, Ronnie has announced that a kickstarter for their new licenced property Mars Attacks, will be starting in about 5 weeks.

We knew the Mars Attack game and miniatures was an upcoming project from Mantic, but this is the first time I've heard it confirmed that it would be going the kickstarter route.

Originally way back when I first heard about the game, I was sorta lukewarm on the idea . The thinking back then was it would end up being a 15mm mini game, however that has changed to a 28mm game based on feedback Mantic has been receiving.

The change to 28mm, plus the photo going around of a painted up mini of a Martian, has made me change my tune. I'm now starting to get excited for this.

Good thing I decided on no more kickstarters for the year...well except for this one, and Stonehavens upcoming Elven Adventurers, and Bones 2, and...

• Like 2

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this would be one that I'd probably just want a couple of figures from but looking at the test piece I'm not even sure of that now, seems too tall for my liking.

I think the slimness of the character may make it seem taller than it actually is. Hard to tell without anything in the pic to compare to.

Here's a screen capture from the video with Ronnie holding it, if that helps.

photo_zpsdb5e64eb.png

I thought this would be one that I'd probably just want a couple of figures from but looking at the test piece I'm not even sure of that now, seems too tall for my liking.

I think the slimness of the character may make it seem taller than it actually is. Hard to tell without anything in the pic to compare to.

I should've said the proportions seem wrong to me, that's what makes it look too tall. The ones from both the old cards and film seemed to have shorter legs and torsos and a larger head (before the bulbous brain),

Just listened to another interview, audio, with Ronnie at GenCon.

He mentioned that the rules for the Mars Attack game will be based on those from Deadzone, but without the multiheight rules for buildings, at least in the basic game.

One of the higher KS stretch goals may be for a Martian Dreadball team.

Ronnie also stated October as likely for the KS.

Should be interesting to see how this progresses and what popularity it gets to.