Darsc Zacal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I forget if I ordered 2 or 3 or 4 of those... :blink:

Hah, that's the same problem I have.

Anyone know where we can view what we pledged for?

I didn't, I get 4 of them. But I think if I play Deadzone I will never use more than one... It's buying costs must be high.

Only chance is the email you got from the survey, if you don't have it, check the updates for Sarahs email and write her!

Edited by Teskal

I'm amazed at you people. I didn't participate in the Kickstarter at ALL and I ALREADY got my basic set and the first expansion! And you guys are still WAITING?

Yep still waiting. I've seen the boxes for the army men, basic Martians minis, and the flea rider and other characters around here in local gaming stores.

With the long waits, questionable savings over retail, and inconsistent quality of the minis, I think I'm about done backing Mantic kickstarters. I'll wait for the product to hit stores and wait for reviews before I'll buy from now on.

• Like 2

I'm amazed at you people. I didn't participate in the Kickstarter at ALL and I ALREADY got my basic set and the first expansion! And you guys are still WAITING?

Yep still waiting. I've seen the boxes for the army men, basic Martians minis, and the flea rider and other characters around here in local gaming stores.

With the long waits, questionable savings over retail, and inconsistent quality of the minis, I think I'm about done backing Mantic kickstarters. I'll wait for the product to hit stores and wait for reviews before I'll buy from now on.

...that's irksome. I'd expect to get my payoff before I began seeing it in the stores. The game is well worthwhile!

• Like 1

I think they will be available n the Mantic site eventually.  The gist of them is the new rule for Martian jacks.  The carry concealed weapons giving a bonus in a slam.  Counts as a foul though.  I will see if I can post the full rule here later

Thought I had already posted that I received my shipment a few days ago, but I guess not.

Real life stuff has prevented me from inventorying everything yet, but aside from the book that will be shipped later, my feeling is that it all appears to be better packed and sorted than previous shipments I've received from Mantic so I have high hopes the contents of my box are accurate.

I got my 6.66 kg shipment yesterday and it was all well packed and pre sorted into bags with each addon group. It seems all is there apart from one broken Martian weapon, and the flaming cattle where I got 1 model of three bunched up cows on fire, where as the graphic on the is shows three separate models of single cows aflame. I am uncertain if this means I am missing two models or not. How about you folks?

Went through my stuff. And am a little uncertain about two things.

• There's no connectors for the ruined scenery in the KS freebies bag, but the bag's label doesn't mention any. Did they really intentionally ship this stuff without the necessary connectors? (I don't know if the base game will have enough leftovers, but I don't really think so.)
  • My Martian saucer pilot is weird. There's a torso and a control panel part, the latter of which  clearly has a connector peg to go nto a hole on the torso, but the left hand simply looks snapped off at the wrist (with the lower arm on the body). Tbh it looks like this thing was poorly pre-assembled without glue and then broke - or are all saucer pilots like that?

Also, the Martian transparent helms were all over the place instead of always nicely packed with the corresponding Martians (or stick taped to the base game shrink wrap). I'm pretty sure I'm missing a bag, but I'll have to actually open everything and count these things.

Looking at the miniatures in more detail, they do have a bit of a boardgamey feel. But there is benefits to that. The base game is actually playable out of the box, which technically makes it a better boardgame than either Sedition Wars or Shadows of Brimstone (though the paper play mat "board" is a bit crap). It's ironic of course that out of these three franchises, it's the only one that wasn't originally advertised as a boardgame. Maybe it should've been, with a proper t-junction game board rather than the paper playmat - an expandable Mars Attacks boardgame might have broader mass-market appeal.

On a technical quality level, the Mars Attacks stuff seems okay. It's not quite on par with Shadows of Brimstone, but Mars Attacks is the cheaper product so that seems acceptable. And damn do I ever wish the "high quality" Sedition Wars or Relic Knights stuff had had anywhere near this little flash. Or anywhere near as good a dry fit for parts where assembly is required, for that matter. (In the case of the Sedition Wars wave 2 dross, I even wish the hideously overpriced cheapo toy soldiers looked at least as boardgamey as this.)

So overall, definitely one of the better Kickstarters I've been a part of.