Mantic announces Mars Attack Kickstarter

Darsc Zacal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, please don't use the word 'hobbyists'

I could use the word hobbitses, but I don't know how hobbits feel about Lego.

So what's the issue about the term hobbyists?

It's used by THAT company, the one that brings me out in a rash.

Reaper brings you out in a rash?

HobbyistItsTheRightWordDealWithIt_zps3b8

This is disturbing news. I need to go somewhere quiet to contemplate the word 'betrayal'

No no no. Beagle means They Who Cannot Be Named, lest they unleash their Nazgul... I mean their Lawyers upon us all.

I did indeed, but after Nocturne's astounding revelation I don't know what to think.

I feel like I've sat down for lunch with Harrison Ford (my boyhood hero), only to discover he's a colossal idiot

Oh Right right right.... You mean Victoria miniatures.

I would point out that not using a word because GW does is exactly what they want.

It's like I've landed in the middle of some impossible Lovecraft story, with horror after horror being laid before me. Darscathothep and Shub-Nigoturne - oh for an Elder Stone

• Like 2

Ahh, I thought I was safe from this until I heard about the Martian Dreadball team...

Keep in mind that Ronnie's "announcements" are always subject to change. Take the two interviews during GenCon.

In the video interview he mentioned the MA KS would start in about 5 weeks, say midSeptember, while in the audio interview Ronnie stated it would be in October. Not a big difference but it shows nothing is finalized yet.

And while I've no doubt Ronnie was sincere in his desire to have a Martian Dreadball team as a stretch goal, the Martians are a licenced property and those owners would have to okay such a use of their IP. Plus licensing agreements don't last forever, so Mantic would have to make sure that would be a profitable side project.

Of course if the term of the licensing agreement is fairly short, and isn't renewed, it could make all the Mantic Mars Attacks minis highly sought after down the road...

Considering that Mars Attacks is being put into a bunch of comic book crossovers with pretty much every one of IDW's titles, I don't think it's likely that they'll object to a Dreadball team.

I'll likely resist until the Dreadball team shows up...

For the TMI record, when I was young and skinny, I had some red fruit-of-the-loom undies that allowed for a killer Mars Attacks alien impression.. ack ack! Though it may have been my bad posture and humongous brain that really pulled the imitation together. Strangely, I married a woman afraid of birds...

To be honest, I prefer the painted thinner version, these are Martians after all and not humans.

Having said that, I can see the point they made about durability of the minis on the gaming table.

And then there's evidence that gamers as a whole don't like thin minis, as shown by the general reaction to Mantics KoW elves when they came out.

Although personally I liked those too.

To me that's still got the wrong proportions. They seem to be basing it on the physique of an adult and adding on the large brain but it should be a scrawny child with an enlarged head and massive brain

JacksonMarsAttacks06.gif

972.jpg

A seriously enlarged, almost the size of the torso, head.

mars-attacks-04.jpg

Edited by Nocturne