Mantic announces Mars Attack Kickstarter

Darsc Zacal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aw man, I wish I could get a whole pack of those transparent helmets. Those would be perfect for conversions of figures for "Slipstream" RPG (Savage Worlds). I could see doing a conversion for 50150 Betty Space Heroine, 50227 Dee-Dee Astro Girl, or even (with a bit of work to remove the original opaque helmet and replace the arm holding it) 50101 Duke Jokes Astronaut, with a few properly-scaled transparent bubble-helmets.

Mantic now has a countdown clock up for the start of their Mars Attacks kickstarter.

http://www.marsattacksthegame.com/

Ugh. 5:30am Pacific time on Friday October 4th. I hope Mantic doesn't do something silly like early bird discounts.

I find it interesting that Mantic is able to be so exact with when their KS goes live, as in other KS's I've backed the creators have often stated that due to Kickstarters approval process they could not be sure in advance of the exact date or time their kickstarters would go live.

Could Kickstarter themselves finally be *gasp* getting more organized? Could we expect to see moderation of their comments sections or even an editable post function next?...

Sorry. Please excuse the crazy talk. I blame the lateness of the hour.

:;):

Edited by Darsc Zacal

I *think* once a project is approved it doesn't have to go live immediately, it's up to the Project Manager when they want it to launch into the wild. Some might want to launch it as soon as it's approved so can't be certain, other's way wish to give it a bit of time to build up interest and get the word out whilst knowing there are no issues with the Kickstarter itself.

I could be completely wrong but it seems to make sense.

I *think* once a project is approved it doesn't have to go live immediately, it's up to the Project Manager when they want it to launch into the wild.

Nocturns completely right. So, you can get it approved, change your version of the KS and then launch. It's really strange that way and it's how a lot of KS campaigns can offer things that would not make it through the approval process.

As a n00b I thought you had to get approval in order to launch, so I tried to get approval had to wait 3 days, got declined, resubmitted, waited 3 days, which threw off my launch date. Once I discovered the above, I just got it approved before hand and turned it in to what I needed afterwards.

I wasn't interested when I thought it was going to be 15mm (even though I suspect it might be a better game at a smaller scale, allowing bigger elements like huge martian robots). However, at 28mm scale, I'm in for at least a modest level. I especially like the idea of a Martian Dreadball team, though I'm not sure if this will be something they release specific minis for, or whether we'll have to convert them ourselves.

James