Mantic announces Mars Attack Kickstarter

Darsc Zacal

As a British company surely they should have gone with British soldiers first? It's always American troops isn't it. If it's a world invasion what about giving us some Columbian troops, or Indian, Chinese, Nigerian or the Republic of Tonga Bonga?

You've seen Independance Day! In case of alien invasion our troops just sit around waiting for orders from the yanks.

EDIT: And yeah, I'm not a fan of the terrain either, it's a bit on the basic side but I suppose it's functional

Edited by Nocturne

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that the terrain shown is only a "first shot across the bow" sort of thing. I'm really hoping they expand on it to go beyond just brick ruins and come up with the ability to make at least a few complete and unique buildings.

I've mentioned a couple times in the kickstarter that a Mainstreet USA accessory pack with storefronts for things like a movie theatre, corner store, bank, barber, diner etc would really add character to the terrain.

And while I too agree about many mini games not being worldly enough, considering the IP of Mars Attacks I can understand the US focus. I think it suits it actually. Who knows, if this is successful enough, maybe we'll see terrain and army expansions for other countries.

Even if its just log cabins and igloos for us Canadians, with everyone dressed in hockey jerseys and lumberjack shirts.

Another stretch goal hit, and we've got the NCO added to all US troop packs

Now working on Eva the cop (not finalised yet) as another survivor, can't seem to get images to link.

Edited by talion78

Really liking the saucers.

Burning cattle miniatures to replace the event card in game is also a nice idea but I'd like to see the minaitures for those, too much fire on a figure tends to look a bit bleh in my well atriculated opinion. At least it's a free upgrade.

EDIT: It's a $10 add on, my mistake, the way I read when it was first revealed made it sound like a core upgrade rather than an optional add-on

Edited by Nocturne

EDIT: It's a $10 add on, my mistake, the way I read when it was first revealed made it sound like a core upgrade rather than an optional add-on

Yeah -- that's what irritates me about the campaign. Each of the stretch goals SAYS "free" but you have to hunt down whether or not it's really an add-on unlock, or actually part of the base game.

And I don't see the add-ons as stuff *I'd* pay for. Eight bucks for a human-sized miniature? The $150 is the best level, with $200 worth of credit for $150 dollars -- depending on how much you think $200 of credit is worth in dollars.

Finally, I'm a fan of the original horror trading cards, not the campy recent stuff. I don't find any connection with the heroes so the stretch goals aren't exciting. OTOH, If they have a "Stan Lee with typewriter figure"... I might go back in!

EDIT: Limited time $300 pledge level for base game plus $325 credit! See their updates!

Edited by ced1106

So with the new pledge level $300 plus all free core stuff plus $325 of credit to spend on addons things have taken off a bit.

- Flying Saucers (add on)

- Martian with Freeze Gun (free)

- New Hero (free)

- Martian Dredd (add on)

- Soldier with Bazooka (free)

- Martian Marines (add on)

$1000 from stealth suit Martians

I see a lot of similarities in each companies attitudes towards supporting others in the miniature hobby industry and community as a whole.

Reaper and Mantic are of my two favourite mini companies. ::):

Also.

BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!!!