Mantic announces Mars Attack Kickstarter

Darsc Zacal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The new 'Alien Abduction' pledge level, at $300, gives you less choice but still a heap of add-ons.

Almost as good a deal as the BotB level.

It's confusing, but I think that you still have choice. I think that this is the game plus $300 credit, the same way that BotB is the game plus $325 credit.

(In the middle of their latest long and confusing update Mantic says: "Of course youre free to spend your credit on whatever you want from the core add-ons and you can further add to this too if you want more of everything or are looking for things like extra scenery or miniatures like the Burning Cattle.")

The new 'Alien Abduction' pledge level, at $300, gives you less choice but still a heap of add-ons.

Almost as good a deal as the BotB level.

It's confusing, but I think that you still have choice. I think that this is the game plus $300 credit, the same way that BotB is the game plus $325 credit.

(In the middle of their latest long and confusing update Mantic says: "Of course youre free to spend your credit on whatever you want from the core add-ons and you can further add to this too if you want more of everything or are looking for things like extra scenery or miniatures like the Burning Cattle.")

Yes; it says:

To help you choose which Core Add-ons to pick, we’ve put together our Recommended Choice below

You don't have to have those ones, it's just a pointer for what gives you a good spread of everything.

Good isn't it

I'm a bit sad they've decided not to cast the 'missing' (either lost in transit, or the factory didn't send enough) season 2 stuff in metal too

My nameless team is all metal (best bit ever), and I've got a bunch of metal teratons too

as for Mars Attacks it does look very spendy, but so was KoW and Dreadball if you wanted everything, but $150 will give you plenty to play the game with (and a lot more than a 'store' buyer would get)

I'm sticking to my BotB +$50 for whatever that $350 pledge goal was. I'm sure I will be able to spend my $325 somewhere. ^_^

The $350 pledge bonus was an alternate sculpt for one of the things they are giving to (almost) everyone as the $500K stretch. I think that the $500 bonus was the flag thing and the $350 was a general.

Considering the timing of the drop, I think that $500K stretch announcement was a key part of the problem. I can't sort out how much was yet another "bugs later" statement and how much was removing the uniqueness of the $350 and $500 bonuses, though. For me personally, it removed the pressure to try to figure out my pledge yesterday, so I'm still sitting at a simple BotB and waiting for Mantic to either clean up their add-ons or for the pledge manager.

$350 to get one single limited edition mini?

I think I'll be in the $310 corner over there.

Update #43, near the end, has these two bonuses:

If anyone pledges $350 or more during the campaign (pre-survey), including shipping and add-ons, well include a Kickstarter Exclusive Martian Supreme Regent that will ONLY be available on this Kickstarter.

If anyone pledges $500 or more during the campaign (pre-survey), including shipping and add-ons, well include a Kickstarter Exclusive diorama based on the two Martians Raising a Flag artwork! This fancy diorama will ONLY be available on this Kickstarter.

Update #58 described the $500,000 goal as being these figures:

If we hit this goal, we will tool an alternate version of the limited-run Supreme Regent figure, and give away one to every backer with a pledge of The Will of Man ($100 and Early Birds) or up. We will also make this figure available to buy as a Core Add-on for $8.

But!

Thats not all. Well also tool an alternate version of the limited-run diorama to create a Martian Army Standard Bearer ...

The Banner Bearer offers a Capture the Flag type scenario for the game and when we hit this goal, well make him available for $8 as a Core Add-on and throw him in FREE into pledges of Alien Abduction and BLOODSHED ON THE BATTLEFIELD (or a pledge of $300) and up.

Mantic seems to be scrambling today to stem the slide, adding stuff to the $300 levels, but I'm just not seeing anything that will encourage me to struggle with the complex add-ons and pledge now (as opposed to waiting for the post-KS pledge manager).