Mantic announces Mars Attack Kickstarter

Darsc Zacal

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bugs are coming. Maybe. if it hits 500k. Which I guess it will, considering they'll give bugs to everyone without forcing them to re-calculate their investment in wwhat's gotten to be a bit of a clusterf*** of add-on options. And non-options. Wasn't there something about curvy civilians two weeks ago? They dropped the ball by not following up on that, curvy always sells...

Wow. I've never seen a kickstarter of this stature bleed pledge dollars and lose backers in its final days like this is doing at the moment.

I feel that both this and the Bones II kickstarters have suffered by playing around with the way backers pledge for things.

Oh I'm staying in too. This is a much more exciting kickstarter for me. I'm loving how versatile I expect the components to be for my Zombicide games.

Unfortunately I can't afford all the addons during the kickstarters run, and will have to make use of the pledge manager later.

£10 for a 1-mini Female Predator add-on.

I guess they price those things according to in-game value instead?

I'm out. I'll wait for the regular version (or just play Shadows of Brimstone if I want a wild west space hulk variant)

edit: and this should have gone in the AvP thread instead of here.

Edited by Godfather Punk

£10 for a 1-mini Female Predator add-on.

I guess they price those things according to in-game value instead?

I'm out. I'll wait for the regular version (or just play Shadows of Brimstone if I want a wild west space hulk variant)

Resin kickstarter exclusive though which makes the price make a bit more sense. Communicating that the whole thing is basically KS exclusive is the part they've really ballsed up in my opinion. Everything in the kickstater is resin and multipart, the later retail models are going to be one piece plastic

Polyurethane/Urethhane Plastic is a resin, which is why it's got unnecessarily confusing.

Edited by Nocturne

I had to bail on this one. If a company is going to show a Menu of figures, I'd hope they would have tried to keep them in scale with one another or at least kinda close.

Sadly the $150 level graphic did not. Blasted thing showed the bug way bigger than it was. What I've heard was it is size is not final, but is expected to have some overhang on a 50mm base,

qhqc.jpg

So about the size of a Tyranid warrior laying down. Damn $150 level image made the bug look like the size of a Tervigon / Tankerbug.

Ok, long time no new post.

I just saw the Beast of War Weekender. Which was very interesting after the 60th minute.

They told that they already have over 12000 preorders for Mars Attacks from the Retailers. Which is more than they sold ever with Deadzone (2. print) and Dreadball (5. print) together (if I understood it correct).

They want to deliver the preorders in september, so there is hope that we will get the stuff in August, or not? :-)

Ronnie from Mantic told about why they use Kickstarters and the three BoW guys also talked about Kickstarters a while.

• Like 2