Mantic announces Mars Attack Kickstarter

Darsc Zacal

Ok, long time no new post.

I just saw the

. Which was very interesting after the 60th minute.

They told that they already have over 12000 preorders for Mars Attacks from the Retailers. Which is more than they sold ever with Deadzone (2. print) and Dreadball (5. print) together (if I understood it correct).

They want to deliver the preorders in september, so there is hope that we will get the stuff in August, or not? :-)

Ronnie from Mantic told about why they use Kickstarters and the three BoW guys also talked about Kickstarters a while.

Interesting. I might have to take a peek at that. Thanks for sharing.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched it and found the numbers impressive that, at a minimum, they sell 5x the amount of product to retail in a year over what was sold via Kickstarter. In the case of Mars Attacks it was in pre-orders alone.

Also Ronnie is going out to NY and LA to negotiate more licenses. One that he wants to make into a mass combat game.

• Like 2

The flaming cows actually turned out alright. I'm a little sad that none of my players like Mars Attacks though. I'll never get to play this one.

Do you and your friends play Deadzone? With the deadzone decks you could use both factions in Deadzone.

When I originally heard that these minis were going to be one piece plastic gaming minis similar to those in Zombicide, I lowered my expectations immediately, so I don't see much in those pictures that really disappoints.

Except for that one mini that has been circled. That arm does look a bit of a mess.

But I have to admit that this will likely be the last boardgame kickstarter I back that feature these type of plastic minis. I'd rather focus my collecting now on higher quality minis.

• Like 1

When I originally heard that these minis were going to be one piece plastic gaming minis similar to those in Zombicide, I lowered my expectations immediately, so I don't see much in those pictures that really disappoints.

Except for that one mini that has been circled. That arm does look a bit of a mess.

But I have to admit that this will likely be the last boardgame kickstarter I back that feature these type of plastic minis. I'd rather focus my collecting now on higher quality minis.

They said on the main page:

The highly detailed Mars Attacks miniatures in the boxed game are supplied already assembled so that you can get gaming right out of the box.

Do I understand 'assembled' wrong?

I must say I liked the Zombicide minis. Not much visible moldlines. Good, but not highly details minis. In the moment it don't look like the quality of the MA minis is near the Zombicide minis. In the moment we can really only wait.

• Like 1

I've found the Zombicide minis aren't too bad for mold lines but they do have a pretty high rate of defects. I've painted 5 and iirc 3 of them had significant defects (and all had some).

The MA stuff looks more in line with Sedition Wars, where you're just going to live with mold lines. I believe the 'English plastic' has a way to go. I'd bet that's why McVey teamed up with Guillotine Games.

I'm in for the Dreadball team, which I don't think I've heard anything about in updates.

• Like 1

Latest update is that the KS rewards begin to ship tomorrow. There is a bit of a delay with sending out some of the shipments due to a production error with the Big Stompy Robot, it has 2 right legs, but I'm glad they've started to ship out what they can.

Speaking of the Big Stompy Robot, if he looks as good in person as he does in this photo then I'll be a very happy backer.

photo_zpsab614981.jpg

• Like 1