Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
This was a quick speed paint, less than an hour. And I think the Night Spectre (Reaper Bones SKU 77099) turned out looking awesome for the amount of effort put in.
It's that time of year again. I wasn't able to paint over Memorial Day weekend, so I've bumped it to the next available date. Those of us in the US have a 3 day holiday weekend coming up (July 3-5) and I am challenging you all to join me in a massively multiplayer paint binge! Everyone is welcome to join, even if you can only paint for one day.
The object is to finish as many figures as possible. Quantity counts over quality. All manufacturers are fair game, posting of WIPs and finished pieces is strongly encouraged. You may prep and prime figures before hand, in fact I recommend it. Get out all those new Bones, old primed or half painted figures and get ready to finish them!
Got an army to finish, need to move some half painted terrain off your desk, want to tackle that dragon for the big figure contest? Stuck at home because of the virus? Shelf of shame looking a little crowded? This is the time. All manufacturers, and 3d print jobs are fair game.
Prep and prime your figures now so they are all ready to go Friday morning (or if you're taking a 4 day weekend, Thursday night). Have your camera ready to share photos. Photos strongly encouraged! You have until midnight the evening of the 6th to post your progress and be counted in the total.
For this holiday there is a special extra challenge: paint with the colors red, white, and blue. You do not have to use all 3 colors at once or have a patriotic theme.
Painting begins at 00:01 July 3 and ends 23:59 July 6, in your time zone.
Those of you who video chat are welcome to set up channels.
This was a super quick project. DH printed the model on Tuesday and I painted it in about 6 hours on Wednesday. So <48 hours from liquid resin to finished model.
I intentionally wanted to work with vibrant colors and picked jade green, gothic crimson and golden yellow as my starting paints. The figure is slightly modified, a crossbow on her hip broke, and I shaved the remains off. I added the fangs with paint, I think the figure was intended to be an elf.
My second project for Fealron marked off a few firsts: First magnetization, first mounted cavalry, first Pugh sculpt.
Here you can see the 2mm magnets inserted strategically.
This is how he sits mounted. But, I wanted to keep it removable, thus the magnets. I confirmed it would stay in place upside-down!
A sharpened paper clip acting as the scaffold for the horn. I also sharpened the lance tip. It comes cylindrical out of the blister.
Green putty to make the horn and cover/reinforce the magnets.
White brush on primer, Black on the base.
I tried a little experiment with the base coat to give the bone a more orange look: 1:1 Ruddy Flesh:Desert Stone. It may become my go-to for bone work.
I took these pictures during the WIP phase of my gift for Fealron.
Who's Online 29 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)