dispatchdave

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only part I can remember well is that he had a perfect memory, someone asks him what his earliest memory is and he tells them he's not sure, but he can remember darkness, then a bright light and someone smacked him.

The rest of it doesn't ring a bell at all, but this is almost verbatim from Terry Pratchett's Small Gods.

Alas no, the first time I read Pratchett was when Reaper Man (appropriate for here) came out which was '91 and it was a few years before that.

I just finished reading The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch from his Gentleman Bastard series. Great book. Great series. I wish I had never started it. I hate ongoing series, I guess I'm just not good at waiting. I'm also reading a YA novel that popped up in my "you may like" list on amazon called The Rise of Renegade X.

Just finished listening to Matterhorn By Karl Marlantes

51Fl5la1RoL._SL175_.jpg

21 hrs later I'm kinda stunned..its one of those books I ordered last year that I just hadn't gotten around to, but now that I have I can't believe I waited this long..I normally don't read historical fiction but like Ken Follets' "Winter of the World" this one had me captivated and horrified, and utterly engrossed thru out the story, so much so that while i was suppose to be painting, I was just zoning out staring into space listening to the story.

Bronson Pinchot does a superb job narrating this book..who's Bronson Pinchot? sound familiar? Oh ya he's Cousin Balkie from that 80's sitcom Perfect Strangers.. its performances like this that set the bar for Audio Books.

5 stars across the board.

Edited by bloodydrake

If Chins Could Kill: Confessions of a B-Movie Actor by Bruce Campbell.

I don't read biographies, but this is one of the exceptions. Everyone should read this book.

I'm re-reading Night Watch. No, not Discworld. The Russian one.

Haven't read the books yet, but I liked the movies (Night Watch and Day Watch).