[Open]Deathsleet Bones

White, white, white.

Ok trying to get the best white painting technique for DS.

so I have tried 3 undercoat colours to see which effect I will like best. (DS is currently blue but I've now decided he must be white)

So a grey undercoat:

post-8094-0-18926100-1379873225_thumb.jpg

A khaki under coat:

post-8094-0-82634100-1379873234_thumb.jpg

And finally and my favourite after trial, a pinky, yellow sandstone colour (Deneb Stone):

post-8094-0-53409800-1379873244_thumb.jpg

First coat on:

post-8094-0-19457300-1379873358_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up the Secret Weapon 120mm oval Runic Mountain base for this gal. It has a really deep portion that will be ideal for drilling anchor pins. it seems the reports of her flimsy ankles were accurate so I plan on pinning her all the way up to her thighs. this will require some minor surgery though.

Edited by Girot

Oh, I thought you were going to put white over the blue. I'm certainly going for a blue undercoat on mine.

After some google research I decided a blue under coat would make him too "cold" and I want my ice / snow base to contrast the white scales :)

Thanks for starting an Open thread for this, OC.

I actually started in on a green Deathsleet in late August [to be different], but he's been languishing on the work bench for lack of motivation. For a while I just spent time sculpting things onto his base, when I should probably have been painting. I will try to get back to working on him before too long.

post-7337-0-27860100-1379887949.jpg

I look forward to seeing how eveybody else's come out. Maybe it will guilt me into finishing. ::P:

• Like 7

I started on my Deathsleet tonight after picking up some wooden rounds at a local craft shop today.

deathsleet1.jpg

I pinned him to the base and then covered it with milliput and then smooshed in some old Bones plastic off-cuts and some column pieces.

My baby boy can now stand up on his own! Hooray!

• Like 2

I started on my Deathsleet tonight after picking up some wooden rounds at a local craft shop today.

I pinned him to the base and then covered it with milliput and then smooshed in some old Bones plastic off-cuts and some column pieces.

My baby boy can now stand up on his own! Hooray!

I would recommend you glue his tail to the base it will keep him roaring at a party of adventures rather than a halfling ;)

I'd also like to make a :(. As your going to shame my attempt with some glorious painting spectacular that will leave me weeping at my ineptitude! ;) (thats set the expectation high!)

Looking forward to see what you do with this :).

I would recommend you glue his tail to the base it will keep him roaring at a party of adventures rather than a halfling ;)

It's too late for me to do that, he's far too firmly attached to his base and his tail hangs over the base.

Here's a photo of Deathsleet with a human-sized figure and a halfling:

deathsleet2.jpg

I think he looks suitably intimidating next to both, he's still tall enough to be able to munch on the head of a human-sized figure.

• Like 5

I glued the feet on mine, green stuffed the base then bent him back and pinned the tail to the base. I did use a lot of super glue on his feet though ;)

But as I mentioned, my tail hangs way over the base. It'd be impossible for me to glue his tail to the base now. >_<;;;;