Ultra Forge's Vrok

Wilwarin

This is the LARGEST I have ever painted at a whopping 5 inches tall! I must admit that it pushed me beyond my comfort zone, but I enjoyed the challenge. There were many times I just wanted to throw the thing at the wall, but didn’t… and I’m happy with the results.

I painted Ultraforge’s Vrok (Greater Lord of Change) with a rather cool colorscheme. I had no idea what to paint it and the few I saw online were either a pastel purple or greenish-blue. I have a friend who is planning on possibly purchasing him from me, so I wanted something that wouldn’t be too much of an eyesore with his overall color scheme.

In the mood of its name, I found “Let’s Change!” by plch on Colourlovers:

lets_change.png?w=500

I really like how the colors play on each other. After painting him, I did a few washes on pretty much everything and then drybrushed highlights on. His base is on a wooden plaque with two stones glued on, that I painted over, some water effects to form a swamp, and some flock on the stones for moss. Enjoy! He took about 30 hours to paint!

post-4937-0-28581200-1377293141_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work on a challenging model. The base as well. The one suggestion I would make is to push the value scale on the wings a little. Lighter lights, darker darks.

Thanks! I actually pushed the highlights on the wings up to white and did a dark wash over them. He's varnished now, so I'm calling him done. I have a show I'm going to, coming up on Sunday, and have other things I need to finish for it as well, so he's done for now :) I do appreciate your critiques, though!!