Sign in to follow this  
TheAuldGrump

YouTube Video of Cthulhu Being Painted

Ran across this just now - a really nifty video of the Bones Cthulhu being painted, using mostly oil washes.

Seeing it made me realize that the model has a great back, as well as a properly squiddy head.

Not my video, not my paint job, but I think that it may have convinced me to order Mr. C....

The Auld Grump

Edited by TheAuldGrump
  • Like 1

He's a really solid piece as well. I'm very glad I picked him up, when I finally get to do him, he'll make a grand showpiece.

Wow!!!!! I think this is my favorite painted version of Cthulhu I've seen! He looks so prehistoric and alive, and I like how you repositioned him so he's leaning forward in a much more dynamic and threatening pose. Excellent work on the blending, it looks very smooth. Well done indeed!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

About 80% was airbrush and 20% brush work. The bones minis are fine models, notice I said fine, not awesome.

They are great for tabletop gaming but your are going to need all your painting skills to 'bring them to life' or move them from looking like toys. I like them and backed both kickstarters.

Edited by muzzlehead