Sign in to follow this  
oddeye

[BioSyndrome] A zombie table top survival horror war game [WIP]

Fellow hobbyists, tabletop gamers, and rpg fans,

Firstly I'd like to introduce myself as I am new to the forums. My name is Paul and i like painting and building miniatures and terrain along with designing game systems. If anyone is on the miniwargaming forums, board of the living lead, dakka dakka, or rpg net i go by the same name [oddeye].

This may be a unusual post in the WIP section as most people are posting up only painted miniatures, I am posting up a work in progress of a entire game that I have been creating in my free time over the last 8 months (100% free to download, i do ask for any feedback that you may have though so i can improve on the rules, link is provided below). As the title states my game is based around surviving hordes of zombies with many different armies available with a fantasy and modern version, some armies available to play are: us army, ww2 wehrmact, survivors, knights, hordes of undead, zombies, pirates, dragons, and samurai just to name a few. There are many pictures of fully painted miniatures, custom terrain and artwork along with some youtube videos already available for your viewing pleasure.  I am also working on a full role playing pen and paper version as well based off the table top war game versions. 

You can download the rules here for free and there is also a link to scribed.com to view the rules online if you don't want to download. There are also many posts with pictures and miniature links in the other sections of the community page.

https://plus.google.com/communities/108863897726135327206/stream/96e11d1b-6e44-4604-9860-5929bcc4f8ac

Youtube channel with videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/Scheitelpunkt

If you are interesting in joining the google community or subbing to the youtube channel feel free to do so, I really am looking for good feedback, comments, and ideas to help improve the game system and rule book. I appreciate all feedback good or bad! Thanks and happy gaming!

Edited by oddeye
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Today I wanted to show off some cheap 54mm Vikings that I painted up as Frost Giants.

I made these guys close to a year ago, and they were among some of the first larger sized minis I had worked on, so they're a little rough, and that's before looking at the quality of model, but if someone else is in need of a lot of giants like I was, then this might be useful to them!

So these guys are from Tehnolog, a Russian miniatures company that I know very little about.  The minis are made out of a soft plastic like novelty toys you can buy with tickets at an arcade.  They also have abysmal detail.

They're meant for 54mm wargaming, and I believe there's an intended game system that accompanies the line, but my goal was to get some cheap giants for D&D.

They fit nicely on a 2in base, and could probably fit in with the smaller Reaper Bones giants, but they're definitely a little undersized.  I remedied this by giving them each a boosted base, with the leader getting two layers.  At a glance, they tower over a standard medium sized mini.

The details were rough and there were some ugly mold lines here and there.  But they're serviceable.  They might work better as a half-giant if you want to use 5e's Huge Frost Giants.

More pictures of each giant below the Spoiler:

Tehnolog also has a few other lines of fantasy-esque minis if you're a fan of cheap minis.  I am still considering getting one of their other lines to convert into cheap-o Fire Giants.

What's your favorite obscure miniature substitute?

• By Maledrakh
      Nolzur's do make a few great monster minis, even though most -if not all- of their humanoid minis are too small, weedy and have too shallow detailing for my liking. Here is one:

Yep, a dead head.

50mm base.
      The main colour is Citadel Contrast Plaguebearer flesh, the rest is regular paint.

This mini was finished September 12th 2020.

Zombie Beholder
      Nolzur's Marvellous Miniatures, Wave 11 2020
      Wizkids
      I have no idea who sculpted this, as WizKids do not -as far as I know- publish this info.
      PVC,
      50mm base
    • By MoonglowMinis
      I've got more dead things for you today.  @Igormortis isn't the only one looking for some dirty dead!  Here's my little collection of swamp zombies.

The crowning jewel of this set is of course the Dreadmere Wight from Bone 4 Dreadmere.

He's got plenty of character packed into such a simple model.  I love him.

Along side him we have a repainted Zombie from D&D Giants of Legend prepaints (#40).

I've had this guy for ages, way before i learned to play D&D or ever picked up a mini brush.  His paintjob was pretty bland and I definitely think I (un)livened him up.  Would make a great shaman-type mini.

And filling out the horde we have the Zombies from the Castle Ravenloft board game.  Again.  Rather bland sculpts, but I like them a lot more now.  Their weird posture was the inspiration for the swamp theme as I imagined them pulling themselves up out of the muck.

All together, they're a fun thematic set and add for some variety to my dusty Graveyard Zombies.

Which one do you like best?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Crawling back from the dead here with this fun little handful of zombies!  Added some gravestones to a few of them using popsicle sticks.  Just good ole' classic grave crawling zombies.  Went for a dusty color palette.

Which one do you think turned out best?

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)