Sign in to follow this  
Goblyn

Shade

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      This is Yuki Onna.
      One of my first 3D printed models.

I kept the colourscheme simple.
      She's a ghost for my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon, Project.
      WIP HERE:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/page/14/#comments

She got a base from the Artisan Guild Oni set.
      I painted her eyes red, not sure if it's visible.

• By HolkDiggity
      The Cleric in my D&D group leveled up and acquired the Spiritual Guardian skill. He needed a model to represent his Guardian. Honaire looks so cool, but he didn't have a shield. I found one in my bits box, and painted the symbol of his chosen Deity, Chauntea. I loved painting this because the simple palette left more room to just relax and enjoy the work.

• By Disciple of Sakura
      I got these guys painted sometime last year, but I'm just now getting around to showing them off. They were spray painted with a glow in the dark green spray paint, which I was expecting would tinge them with a spectral look from above, and it didn't work, so I just sprayed the whole mini, then inked them, dry brushed them, and then did the painting on the bases and weapons and such. I'm pretty satisfied with them overall, though I think the eyes aren't as obvious in the photos as they should be. 

Oh! And they glow in the dark a bit, though that's hard to photograph...

• By Inarah
      A pair of Bones figures quickly painted as part of my annual Thanksgiving Paint Binge. Based with white primer and then a layer of one of the Citadel white contrast paints.  Went over it with a watered down blue contrast paint, then drybrushed white.  Picked out the face and bones with watered down black ink.  I think they came out pretty well for almost no effort and they can be used in any game where you need a ghostly or summoned figure.  I'm tempted to get more and do them in red as fire spirits. 

• By Rigel
      Mark Kay didn't seem to make many sculpts for Reaper, but he made two Ghosts, and they are ghastly in every sense. They are incongruous, evocative, weird.

Here's 02363. The Apparition. An unheimlich, eerie figure. Dread. The Uncanny Valley is only part of the unease engendered; in many of the Victorian ghost stories there is also a strong element of social anxiety. The enigma wants something, it is *owed* something, or there is an obligation from someone which must be fulfilled, and there is an almost insurmountable communications barrier. This is the fear of the Past that Won't Go Away, the dread of shirked duties, the fear of inescapable generational obligations, the sins of the fathers visited on their children.

Look at this big-knuckled hairy revenant! It reminds me horribly of an illustration in a book that used to frighten me as a child. What does it WANT? Probably blood. Probably YOUR blood! 

His other ghost, 02314, is equally mysterious but tells a very different story. That Ron Perlman jaw, that shallow forehead, the monk's robe! Less pvertly threatening, but every bit as unheimlich. The terror of a ghost isn't really so much what it can *do* to you, anyway. The fear of ghosts is based in that they ARE at all. 

And here seems as good a place as any to put a retouched Pistol Wraith from Warmahordes. Similarly a robed skeleton with accessories that tell a story--the story of a ghost...with GUNS! What now?! 
      I love this sculpt partly because of the questions it raises. Why would a ghost with a gun be any more threatening than a ghost without a gun? Is a ghost gun as good as the usual at punching the soul out from a body? Better? Do incorporeal bullets ignore cover? 

• Who's Online   22 Members, 4 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)