Talae

Talae's Daughter Paints Some More Minis

Here are two Bones minis my 3 year old daughter tried her hand at this week. I believe these are her 6th and 7th minis (although, the first attempt at multicolor detail).

She picked the colors and slung the paint. I just tried to keep it off the clothing and the furniture.

She calls both of these minis princesses:

A shot with her color choices:

post-8303-0-54977000-1377485584_thumb.jpg

post-8303-0-39487200-1377485586_thumb.jpg

post-8303-0-60305400-1377485587_thumb.jpg

post-8303-0-62515900-1377485588_thumb.jpg

post-8303-0-64900400-1377485589_thumb.jpg

• Like 17

Dude, your daughter paints better than I do. I hate to see what's going to happen when she progresses. I suspect she might join the cult of teal and purple.

• Like 3

She wants to paint everything pink. I will admit that the first of the two paint jobs consisted of a conversation something like:

Me: "look, this one has hair and a dress! What color should we make her dress?"

Ainsley: "PINK!"

Me: (resists rolling eyes) "Okay, what about her hair?"

Ainsley: "Brown like Mommy"

Me: "What about her face?"

Ainsley: "Pink and white"

Me: "hmm...like this one (holds up Rosy Skin)"

Ainsley: "I guess that is okay"

• Like 4

Also, is it just me or did she master OSL with the gold gem in that second image?

• Like 3

My nearby friend's wife is pregnant now, and I've laid money odds it'll be a girl. Mostly because My Little Pony and Tea Parties are things he's eminently unequipped for. Because of your threads, should my prediciton prove accurate then I will draw inspiration from this and stockpile ponies with plenty of purple, teal, and pink paints for later use.

I also look forward to visiting one day to discover Lucy the black lab has been hastily adorned with a hat and mommy's make-up.

• Like 1

That's quite impressive!! After looking at the pics of the first mini, I had to go back and double-check to make sure I hadn't misread that she's 3. I mean, wow!! Her brush control is pretty incredible.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

OneBoot, on 26 Aug 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

That's quite impressive!! After looking at the pics of the first mini, I had to go back and double-check to make sure I hadn't misread that she's 3. I mean, wow!! Her brush control is pretty incredible.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Likewise. This is exactly what I needed to get my Monday started. I'm sick as a dog (the sniffles) but I'm in the office feeling sorry for myself and now your three-year old puts my painting efforts into rather stark perspective for me. ::(: ::(: ::(:

Just kidding. I hope I'm fortunate enough to be able to share that kind of experience with my little one when she reaches that age. ^_^

Edited by Acuteapathy
  • Like 1

Awesome paint for the girl, and good for you for being a brave parent! I'm a coward... my kids are such a mess without getting paints involved that I'm scared to death to let them have any.

My daughter turned three about a week ago. The 'pink' and the 'princess' are big players in our house too. In fact, she has programmed the whole family to believe anything pink belongs to her. It's gotten to the point that if anyone is holding anything the color pink, even the four year old boy will explain to them, "that's sissies, it's hers because it's pink".

I keep saying I'll let the kids try to paint something... maybe you (and your daughter) will inspire me and I'll toss the kids a bone next week.

• Like 1

Thanks for the great comments guys. I am trying to keep our painting sessions spread out a little bit in order to keep her intrigue high.

Also, does it make me a bad father that I am hesitant to let her paint most of her choices...?