Mecha miniatures?

red5angel

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been able to find much in the anime style dept. but have you looked at the Mekton, Gear Krieg, or em4 miniatures.

Here is the link for em4 Em4 Minis

They have a lot of nice looking items there. any of you UK'ers interested in sending a couple of items over? :;):

Edit - corrected a very obvious spelling error

15mm is approx. 1/100 scale, so the Gundams from that line (IIRC the HG kits) should be fine. Also, there had been in the past a huge number of Macross models in 1/100 scale that might still be availalbe (from Arii and Imai, with little duplication between them). There's also a huge number of one-offs or limited series. I'd explote HobbyLink Japan thoroughly (www.hlj.com) to find kits. I've ordered from them before, and while shipping is a little higher, it comes straight from Japan (and therefore often a bit cheaper) and provides good service...

Also check out Armorcast's Battletech kits. All of them are around $100 minimum though. I have the Vulture and while it requires a bit more clean-up than other commercial resin kits I've built, it can be turned into an awesome model, and fully worth the $100 I dropped on it. Someday (maybe if I get a bonus check this quarter) I want to get the Atlas...

Damon.

In that case, check out Classic Battletech's Minis. Great Designs, some of which are very much in the style that you seek (I'm thinking of the Vixen and Pheonix Hawk, for starters) and wide availability.

YES! r5a the Vixen is perfect for your request! I'll get mine and scan it shortly, it screams anime mecha.

Pardon the glossy paintjob in advance, I like mine all polished up and pristine (or prissy, whatever ::P: ).

mecha.jpg

All of these are Battletech Mechs;

1: Phoenix Hawk L.A.M. (Land Air Mech) can be very pricey IF you find.

2: Berserker - still available

3: Exterminator - again, still available

4: Vixen - I think still available

They also made a Marauder that is a Zentradi (sp?) officer's pod, I just didn't go digging around for my purple beauty.

These guys have not been finished out, so pardon the lack of basing, that's why they were so readily accessable, the other half has them in his pile of "honey-do's" for me. :;):

And yes, I love my Battletech. ::P:

And yes, I'm still sad Reaper didn't get to do more than the keychains and pins (at least AFAIK they didn't). :down::down:

Orchid - running for cover 'cause she doesn't own any CAV :;)::lol:::D:

Thanks for the pics Ochid! I have the Vixen and I have a few more that I think are apropriate as well from the CBT line.

I have actually got to a point where I think I am going to start teaching myself to sculpt. This whole thing came up after playing Armored Core 3 this past weekend and thinking - if there were a line of modular mecha parts for mini gaming that would be awesome!

I've been experimenting with fold-together paper models, based off of Non-CAV designs I have laying around...here's the Blue Max, a 36 footer with two heavy gatlings, a missile rack, and tiny "T-Rex" arms that serve no specific purpose but to distinguish the design from the thousands of others out there (for now).

It's scale to N-scale, so you can see how it stands next to a CAV or Battlemech from M:DA.

http://www.hellionproductions.com/1-160thscalebluemax.PDF

Best,

John Bear Ross

Let me know what you think...

It's not been offered to Reaper, and they haven't known about it, so they're not to blame.

It was basically just a sculpting "sketch" I did in Rhino to try out some new techniques. Besides, the little arms wouldn't fly with CAV's premise of no close combat.

I've got hundreds of mecha designs, some super-futuristic, some retro, that I've got in sketchbooks and archived files. Maybe it's time to dig some of the old stuff out, and sculpt it up...

Best,

John Bear Ross