Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

GenCon Reaper Speed Paints: Show Them Off.

So, now that we have recovered from GenCon, I thought it time to show off my horrible excuse for painting a Mouseling at GenCon:P Others are welcome to show off and post pics of their Speed Paint entries from GenCon 2013, too:) Mine came in as Honorable Mention(AKA Fourth Place) in my round.

SpeedPaint1_zps1fad58e5.jpg

SpeedPaint2_zpsa323d6bd.jpg

Third Pic didn't come out so good. So what did everyone else paint and how well did it do?

GF

• Like 1

First up, one of the classic figures from Dark Sword. This was not exactly a speed paint, as I did it at the paint and take table while waiting for my speed paint round to begin. There is a little over an hour in her. Normally I do not repaint my speed paints, just touch up damage, but I think I will clean these up a lot before I seal them.

post-3776-0-50349800-1377654261_thumb.jpg

This is also Dark Sword, and what I painted for my round. It placed 2nd and got me into the final Sunday.

post-3776-0-75442700-1377654416_thumb.jpg

I'd like to point out that orange, olive green, and dark brown were not colors supplied to the contestants.

Edited by Inarah
  • Like 7

Sunday I arrived at the Speed paint finals early so I could hassle a friend who had made it to the round before mine. And then a couple people didn't show up so Debby twisted my arm and made me take one of the empty places.

I don't know what the hell this is. I must have painted it the wrong faction colors, because every one of the winners was green.

post-3776-0-96356000-1377655083_thumb.jpg

For my Dark Sword final, we were given this:

post-3776-0-29600300-1377655246_thumb.jpg

I did a lot of color mixing on this one, too. The tan was the only brown we were given, I think the green was much darker, like a forest green, and I also mixed the greys and pale blue for the metals. Did not get looked at twice.

• Like 3

I've looked at her at least twice! How much more then a hour did the first women take.. like 5 more hours!!? Amazing! how do u work so fast!!! That quality would take me a couple of days. That orange should be bottled! Great work

The Green Witch took about an hour fifteen. I have practiced and participated in speed painting for about ten years now. I started with the kitchen timer and a set of basic colors and just kept challenging myself to do it better every time. The second figure took 45 minutes, that's pretty standard for a speed paint. The two I did in the finals rounds we had an hour fifteen to work.

I think the orange was a mix of fire red and sun yellow (Reaper paints). I wasn't putting a lot of attention into the labels.

• Like 2

Amazing work Inarah! I have no idea what that third thing is either.

Does anyone know if Reaper has similar events at PAX? This will be the first time I've been at a con with them around. Looking forward to it!

• Like 1

Those are all really good! I need to get some pictures up of my speed paint entry and other con paint efforts.

Here is my GenCon 2013 Speedpaint entry in one of the Darksword contests. 1154 Female Elf Archer, I happy with the hair, but the eyes are horrid....

post-4115-0-39673100-1378086417.jpg

post-4115-0-87879300-1378086415.jpg

I also participated in the paint and take, so here is my 1 hour effort on an Infinity mini, not sure which one it is:

post-4115-0-09095000-1378086532.jpg

post-4115-0-50792800-1378086533.jpg

• Like 2

Amazing work Inarah! I have no idea what that third thing is either.

Does anyone know if Reaper has similar events at PAX? This will be the first time I've been at a con with them around. Looking forward to it!

I've only been to PAX East so I can only speak as to that venue. Reaper had a great paint and take but there was no speed paint event. In fact I'm pretty sure that Reaper had the only painting event at the con.