Mould not mold. Mould, dungeon mould.

Dadcubed

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To my unlearned eye, it's reading more as moss than mold, probably because it looks so alive and dark green (this may be due to either the photo and/or my monitor displaying the colors oddly). Perhaps stippling a bit of white or tan?

Take my advice with a whole pile of salt, I'm still very much just learning over here. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 1

It looks like you're going for some sort of breadmold. I'd suggest looking for examples of slime molds, black mold, that kind of thing. I noticed some molds grow in an almost veiny pattern; maybe try to work some of that in. Alternately, you could go for black mold spots all over. Concentrate on areas where water/moisture would remain (as mentioned above), cracks, crevices, corners, etcetera.

Not a bad start, but I think it looks too much like food mold.

-Dave

• Like 2

The kind of green mold that grows on rocks has more of a yellow tinge to it. The kinds of mold that grow in caverns or dungeons where there is no sunlight are whitish, brown or black.

If you're going for yellow ooze, grey slime, or pink fungus for a fantasy RPG, choose paint accordingly.

• Like 2

Can't create and 3D effect ie static grass as want to be able to neatly stack the boards ;)

Could still go in the crevices, like DispatchDave mentioned. Mould tends to be down in the cracks a lot of the time because it follows the water (well, some types of mould at least).

Bit of texture in the cracks and flat anywhere else should work together well, imo. So long as you can match the colours between static grass areas and paint areas.

• Like 1

I'll check out pingo's thread, thanks :)

I did the:

White mould with black mould attacking, maybe not heavy enough but I'm not feeling it. Think I need some colour to it:

post-8094-0-30006800-1377972423_thumb.jpg

And here is the yellow cave mould under attack from black mould which I like more. But I'm still not satisfied that I've found the right thing to roll out to all boards:

post-8094-0-86583000-1377972511_thumb.jpg