scipio.au

77006: Great Worm (Bones)

These are great! nice to see classic purple on the color choice, and you nailed the underbellies. I also like the bases, simple but very effective. I never get my sanding as good as that.

Edited by tommisalama

I really like that underside coloring, it worked out great. The transition out of the ground looks good, too. Subtle but it helps sell it.

He's probably angry because of all the sea urchins.

I really like the more realistic look you've managed to give these while still keeping the classic worm colours.

Very nicely done!

Thanks for the kind words. One of the reasons I was having difficulty with getting these done (for over a year) was not being comfortable with the colours of purple and then, purple and yellow. I figure it's one thing for Space Marine armour to be painted flaming yellow, but generally I felt my "natural" creatures needed to look a bit more.. well, natural. Luckily the ochre and browns made it all feel a lot better, so I was much happier with it. One thing that I think really added to the final look was picking out the barnacles (or whatever they are). They're a well-sculpted set of little details, and while I wanted to call the models "done" without doing them, they kept bothering me till I came back and picked them out. They break up the colouration of the rest of the model just the right amount, I think.

This model is certainly one of Bones' finer moments.

• Like 1