Estimated Turnaround time on Bones replacements?

Vilegrimm

I just got my shipping info for my replacement stuff, but only got 7........most of the minis with nose issues aren't even on there. But one of them was missing half his face which I am getting..... There was easily 17 or so that were miscasted. Granted it seems the more severe ones are being replaced. Guess I'll have to become an expert in rhinoplasty.

Townsfolk:Mom & Kids x1
Autumn Bronzeleaf x1
Bat Swarm x1
Mason Thornwarden x1
Ellen Stone x1
Kord the Destoryer x1
Left Front Leg x1

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are many figures where all or most of the casts turned out bad. Sending you a replacement would be pointless, since you would just get another mini with the same problem.

Ellen Stone, Bat Swarm, Townsfolk and Autumn Bronzeleaf are all common issue minis.

Also a small explanation of why I am not getting the rest replaced would have been nice. I'm happy I'm getting any replaced at all.

Edited by Kroas

They're filling hundreds, if not thousands, of orders. They don't have time to explain why they're giving what to every single person, especially since that would just invite argument. If you really think there's something you really deserved to have replaced, shoot them another email, but missing noses were incredibly common, and as you said, you got more than I would have expected. (Including some that were so consistently bad they aren't even going to sell them anymore!)

They're filling hundreds, if not thousands, of orders. They don't have time to explain why they're giving what to every single person, especially since that would just invite argument. If you really think there's something you really deserved to have replaced, shoot them another email, but missing noses were incredibly common, and as you said, you got more than I would have expected. (Including some that were so consistently bad they aren't even going to sell them anymore!)

I would have taken a copy&paste response that said "certain minis are not being replaced due to to high of a complaint number/impossible to fix all of them". I know how many orders they are filling, especialyl if they only have 1 machine that can do it. It just makes sense to take a few seconds to copy and paste a little note instead of sending another email that ultimately wastes more of their time. Hell, even making an official announcement of it couldn't hurt. Still happy its the major issue minis getting replaced.

• Like 1

I would have taken a copy&paste response that said "certain minis are not being replaced due to to high of a complaint number/impossible to fix all of them". I know how many orders they are filling, especialyl if they only have 1 machine that can do it. It just makes sense to take a few seconds to copy and paste a little note instead of sending another email that ultimately wastes more of their time. Hell, even making an official announcement of it couldn't hurt. Still happy its the major issue minis getting replaced.

sorry. The tool we use doesn't have the ability to give that kind of detailed note - it sends a form letter. Certain minis could not be replaced because good copies don't exist, and there was just no way to say that in the form letter without confusing people who didn't ask for those minis.

I actually think the real miscast rate was pretty low. All of my uglies, I compared to other peoples and the ones on the preview list and were the same. My only problems were missing parts and poor assembly. I guess the rushed mold production resulted in several molds that did not get the full detail level available in the bones which is going to be lower than the metal anyway.

I guess I was pretty lucky. Besides the discontinued figures being miscast (though good practice for sculpting on noses), my miniatures were in excellent shape. I didn't have much warping either.

I'm thinking it is because I picked mine up at ReaperCon instead of it having gone through the mail. Since fulfillment went through the hot summer months, I'm guessing that the heat of the trucks as well as them being loose in the box may account for the warping. This should be solved when they start shipping these minis out in blisters.

Has anyone had any issues with Bones warping in left near a heat source? I left a few on the dash of my car to see what might happen. They got a bit soft but no real warping. So, as long as you don't store your minis in your trunk in the middle of summer, you should be fine :)

I think that if they are separate, they should actually return to their proper shape when left near heat, though you may end up with a bit of droopy spear syndrome. The plastic wants to be how it was when it first came out of the mold, but most of them seem to have been warped by being crushed against the blister or the other minis in the Vampire box. This is why boiling will often work without any manual repositioning.

Yipee... got my 'we're sending replacements' email yesterday

for an original replacement request sent 29th August (for those who are wondering if they should have heard things yet)

thanks Reaper (and of course the mystical Reaper Bryan)

shannon did your order. I had nothing to do with it.

She says hi.

Hi Shannon (or should I call you Mystical Reaper Shannon),

thanks!

I complained about the 3 minis missing from my pledge order (Hyrekia, Mr Bones, Sinessa - China packed an extra dark elf instead of Sinessa - and I got a $15 certificate, boosted to $25 when I pointed out that minimum shipping was $15. That let me replace Hyrekia & Sinessa and order a Tiik Champion instead of Mr Bones.

It frankly never occurred to me that I could/should complain about facial problems like with Ellen Stone or Autumn Bronzeleaf etc (in fact quite a few of the female minis' small noses) - that whole "Kickstarter is not a pre-order!" applies there, and stuff not turning out quite right seemed like the kind of risk that is a natural part of backing the project, as opposed to failing to deliver at all.

Yipee... got my 'we're sending replacements' email yesterday

for an original replacement request sent 29th August (for those who are wondering if they should have heard things yet)

thanks Reaper (and of course the mystical Reaper Bryan)

shannon did your order. I had nothing to do with it.

She says hi.

Hi Shannon (or should I call you Mystical Reaper Shannon),

thanks!

Oh, I think she'd quite like that.