Estimated Turnaround time on Bones replacements?

Vilegrimm

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a little head from Reaper!

9847299024_c63999f91c.jpg

Ia! Cthulhu Head by wandererchronicles, on Flickr

...which is really fracking impressive, since the shipping e-mail was sent yesterday! :wow:

Of course it's impressive. Bones replacement parts are actually delivered by Buglips. He flies from house to house in a sleigh pulled by perytons and enters you home via the garbage disposal. He then leaves the replacement parts in-between your toes and shoves the defective ones up his noes (it's his payment for services rendered).

• Like 1

Took me 2 days to get the email, after it was already shipped.

Oooh... so it's the Montgomery Scott brand of miracle working. :cool: Works for me, I got my Cthulhu head when I wasn't expecting it.

Of course it's impressive. Bones replacement parts are actually delivered by Buglips. He flies from house to house in a sleigh pulled by perytons and enters you home via the garbage disposal. He then leaves the replacement parts in-between your toes and shoves the defective ones up his noes (it's his payment for services rendered).

You're telling fairy tales!

...Buglips never let's go of Bones once he has them. :devil:

• Like 1

Hmmm. I did a quick check to see if anything was missing and came out ok but I never checked for miscasts yet. I take it there are 6 minis that are miscast for everyone?

They are not "miscasts" as they were produced a good copy of the molds. The molds were just poorly made.

Chinese knockoff jokes ensue?

I can't believe this. I got an email telling me Cthulhu's replacement left wing was being sent, and then another email with a tracking number telling me it was in the mail, and the tracking number is working.

I'm starting to find this really exasperating. I mean how, exactly, am I going to come up with a reason to not participate in the next Kickstarter. I mean when are these guys going to drop the ball and stop working so hard. Honestly. I'm tired of it. Stop being so amazing. I'm running out of feeble excuses here.

• Like 6

The email was wrong, I got all of the pieces request. Only issue is most of them have the issue of having the same issues as the previous minis such as damaged noses. Clearly its an issue Reaper will need to take time to fix with the casting and I hope they get it resolved instead of having to discontinue more minis from Bones. Slightly disappointed the issues weren't fixed but pretty damn happy at the response Reaper has given us concerning theses issues. I'll still blame China just because its easier :P

They're filling hundreds, if not thousands, of orders. They don't have time to explain why they're giving what to every single person, especially since that would just invite argument. If you really think there's something you really deserved to have replaced, shoot them another email, but missing noses were incredibly common, and as you said, you got more than I would have expected. (Including some that were so consistently bad they aren't even going to sell them anymore!)

I would have taken a copy&paste response that said "certain minis are not being replaced due to to high of a complaint number/impossible to fix all of them". I know how many orders they are filling, especialyl if they only have 1 machine that can do it. It just makes sense to take a few seconds to copy and paste a little note instead of sending another email that ultimately wastes more of their time. Hell, even making an official announcement of it couldn't hurt. Still happy its the major issue minis getting replaced.

sorry. The tool we use doesn't have the ability to give that kind of detailed note - it sends a form letter. Certain minis could not be replaced because good copies don't exist, and there was just no way to say that in the form letter without confusing people who didn't ask for those minis.

Wait. I thought those were the ones you were issuing store credit for..? I thought it was odd that some models didn't appear on the form you sent me, and just figured you were 'replacing' them with a different process. So, nothing then?

I'm not particularly upset, but I am confused. Please help me out here.

Three weeks ago, I reported that I was missing Hyrekia and that my Isabeau Laroche is missing a shield.

I received an email just now stating that they are giving me a non-expiring "e-gift certificate for double the retail price of your missing or damaged miniatures ... to obtain those specific figures or apply it towards any item" in their store.

Anybody else receiving such an email as well? :unsure:

EDIT: Okay, read some more posts and it seems like some are getting replacements and others are getting those certificates (and the factors are unknown). I will try asking for replacements...

Edited by Jebbie

Sent in my list of what I considered miscasts, got an email saying the mini's were being sent and took about a week for them to arrive. That being said, really it was a waste of time, money and effort. One of the eleven I would consider an improvement over the original, the others are all just as bad if not worse. Apparently bonesium is not the material if you like detail...or noses. Biggest disappointment for me was the cloud giantess is still missing the toes on her left foot and in the email I sent with my list, I specifically mentioned all the defects. I guess my kids just got some more mini's to paint.

-Z