Estimated Turnaround time on Bones replacements?

Vilegrimm

Three weeks ago, I reported that I was missing Hyrekia and that my Isabeau Laroche is missing a shield.

I received an email just now stating that they are giving me a non-expiring "e-gift certificate for double the retail price of your missing or damaged miniatures ... to obtain those specific figures or apply it towards any item" in their store.

Anybody else receiving such an email as well? :unsure:

EDIT: Okay, read some more posts and it seems like some are getting replacements and others are getting those certificates (and the factors are unknown). I will try asking for replacements...

The idea is that you use the gift certificate to just order replacements from the online store, plus a couple of other free goodies for your trouble.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove home from work to day and found a box balanced precariously on top of my mail box. It was from Reaper, my second favorite kind of box. I figured that it contained the foam I was missing from my miniatures case. Open it up and it is a whole new case with foam. Way to go above and beyond!

Also, I checked for the sloppy glue some backers had reported. All is good on the interior of the foam cells, just a little stickiness on the outside of each sheet. All in all move than livable.

Now just have to re-purpose the other case I have with no foam. I'm either going to cut some foam for it for figures or re-purpose it into a paint carrier. Hmmm, the second sounds pretty good.

• Like 1

I have an amusing story of my own (cross-posted on the Kickstarter page, but then I saw it won't be monitored):

The Fire Giant Warrior has two little ball-and chains that attach to his waist. I received two of the left-hand ones instead of a left and a right. I was also missing the Colossal Skeleton's left arm. I reported this to Reaper the day I got them (once).

Last week, I got two emails from Reaper, each with a different reference number, telling me that they were sending me the skeleton's arm. I replied saying that I didn't need two left arms, but I did need the Fire Giant's right ball and chain. I got an email saying, "Thank you, I'll try to catch the shipment before it goes out."

Today, I get two packages. I figure either the lady didn't catch the extra arm in time, or she did but had to include the missing ball and chain separately anyway. I open the first package. It contains the left arm (yay!), a matching pair of the balls and chains (OK, best to send me both in case they got the wrong one), and the flame and tail for the Pit Fiend (77112), which I didn't even order. That one still baffles me. The included packing slip lists the chains and the arm, but mentions the flame and tail in a sidenote (which is how I figured out what they came from).

So... I had everything I was missing, so what's in box number two? I had to assume at this point that the duplicate didn't get caught, and I probably had another arm, chains, and maybe a tail and flame again. But no: the box contains a copy of my email saying that there was a duplicate replacement... and two left chains.

So now I have everything I was supposed to get (thanks Reaper!), but I also have a tail and fireball for a demon I don't own, and four extra left-side ball-and-chains. To be fair, the difference between them is really subtle, but the base is different (one is "L"-shaped, one is a line with one squared end and one rounded end), meaning that each only fits on the correct side. Be careful, guys!

• Like 2

Three weeks ago, I reported that I was missing Hyrekia and that my Isabeau Laroche is missing a shield.

I received an email just now stating that they are giving me a non-expiring "e-gift certificate for double the retail price of your missing or damaged miniatures ... to obtain those specific figures or apply it towards any item" in their store.

EDIT: Okay, read some more posts and it seems like some are getting replacements and others are getting those certificates (and the factors are unknown). I will try asking for replacements...

The idea is that you use the gift certificate to just order replacements from the online store, plus a couple of other free goodies for your trouble.

While the offer more than offsets the delivery cost for those living in the US (e.g. ~USD3 in my case if I am living there), it does not even cover half what USPS International First Class asks for to deliver them to my country (~USD15).

Reaper's representative has replied with the same reasoning you gave, but it simply looks to me that they are not willing to foot the cost of international shipping for non-US replacements. :mellow:

While the offer more than offsets the delivery cost for those living in the US (e.g. ~USD3 in my case if I am living there), it does not even cover half what USPS International First Class asks for to deliver them to my country (~USD15).

Reaper's representative has replied with the same reasoning you gave, but it simply looks to me that they are not willing to foot the cost of international shipping for non-US replacements. :mellow:

Jebbie - e-mail me with the difference and I will see if there is anything I can do. In some cases, I am able to issue a second GC to offset the shipping costs. The Kickstarter Order # will be helpful here as it gives me the address

Sent in my list of what I considered miscasts, got an email saying the mini's were being sent and took about a week for them to arrive. That being said, really it was a waste of time, money and effort. One of the eleven I would consider an improvement over the original, the others are all just as bad if not worse. Apparently bonesium is not the material if you like detail...or noses. Biggest disappointment for me was the cloud giantess is still missing the toes on her left foot and in the email I sent with my list, I specifically mentioned all the defects. I guess my kids just got some more mini's to paint.

-Z

With miscasts, bear in mind that if we cannot find better copies, we cannot send better copies.

Additionally in some cases what one of our crew thinks looks within acceptable tolerances is not within what a customer considers acceptable, so we may think we've done it right and not.

Bryan, I'm currently waiting on a response regarding the same issue as Jebbie through the business email, I assume these are still being worked through and there's no reason to follow up yet?

We still have about a hundred or so to go.

just the same, please contact me directly, as my inbox is not as full as hers at the moment.

I hate to pile on further, Bryan, but I ordered a package including my replacements about a week ago and stupidly forgot to add one item to it. I emailed business and help that night. I have been charged for it, but have received neither a shipping notice nor a reply. I'd like to get the extra item (one copy of 77017: Skeletal Swordsman) added before it gets shipped out. I'm not worried about the delay in shipping, since I have plenty of things to paint in the meantime; I'm just worried about where the email queue is relative to the shipping queue.

I hate to pile on further, Bryan, but I ordered a package including my replacements about a week ago and stupidly forgot to add one item to it. I emailed business and help that night. I have been charged for it, but have received neither a shipping notice nor a reply. I'd like to get the extra item (one copy of 77017: Skeletal Swordsman) added before it gets shipped out. I'm not worried about the delay in shipping, since I have plenty of things to paint in the meantime; I'm just worried about where the email queue is relative to the shipping queue.

we're further behind on the e-mails.

we're further behind on the e-mails.

Is it possible that it shipped without notifying me, and/or do you have a suggestion for trying to get that added before it ships out?

EDIT: Never mind. Package arrived already (never got a shipping email). No skeletal swordsmen, but three(!) paint samples!

Edited by Slendertroll

Took them about a week and a half to ship mine once I sent them the email, and then the package itself took about five days to get to me....

I only had two I was displeased with, though. Vaeloth's nose was absent and Shaeress's right thumb was the casualty of an air bubble, and she also had a cleft in her right foot.

The replacement shaeress DID have her entire thumb, but the other flaws were present on both models so I chalked it up to them being models that didn't translate well from metal to bonesium and decided to greenstuff the missing bits into place.