Sign in to follow this  
Carnacki the Ghost Finder

GW Broo, I mean "Bestigor" Warriors

Hello,

These were painted while waiting for the Kickstarter. That's my only excuse. That, and I fished them out of a dollar box at the friendly local. These guys gave me some headaches but looking at them now I can live with them. They remind me of Runequest, which is nice. Hope you find them interesting to look at.

Cheers and hope you are having a great weekend.

post-7755-0-65067400-1377990853_thumb.jpg

post-7755-0-41867300-1377990877_thumb.jpg

post-7755-0-72388300-1377990898_thumb.jpg

• Like 20

These look really good. GW's Beastmen, are of course descended or transplanted directly from RuneQuest's Broo, so there's no stress there :) You've pulled off the very non-standard colours very nicely. Great work!

• Like 1

Thanks for looking and for the comments! Helps me to see these with fresh eyes. As for Games Workshop, I've never played their games, but if others enjoy them that's fine with me. I find those stores they run in malls to be ... weird. I think I remember the first time I walked into one, thinking, "cool, a games shop in a mall," and walked out thinking, "That was the least fun games store I've never been in in my life." I've never had reason to change that opinion. It's like walking into a comix shop that only sells Marvel. I was lucky enough to start gaming before these places existed.

• Like 1

Nice to see some Bestigors! Great paint jobs. Never played Fantasy, but I really do like their models. They're pricey all right, but still buy them from time to time just because the sculpts are so sweet.

• Like 1

Nice and clean paint job on these. I have a ton of GW stuff including a Chaos Beastman army, so I appreciate seeing how others work them up.

One critique from someone who is not a fan of NMM: you might want to deepen the shadows on yours. The highlights look about right, but the "low-lights" as some call them are not dark enough to my eye. Of course, I don't do NMM on models, only canvas, so I could be completely wrong.

• Like 1

Nice and clean paint job on these. I have a ton of GW stuff including a Chaos Beastman army, so I appreciate seeing how others work them up.

One critique from someone who is not a fan of NMM: you might want to deepen the shadows on yours. The highlights look about right, but the "low-lights" as some call them are not dark enough to my eye. Of course, I don't do NMM on models, only canvas, so I could be completely wrong.

Thanks for the comment and the suggestion -- I think your suggestion for NMM is absolutely right. I am terrible at it -- can't blend, everything looks like stone instead of metal -- but for some reason I persist. I will definitely try darkening the "lowlights" and work on blending up. Great idea!

Cheers.