Sign in to follow this  
Thrym

77171: Stone Golem (inspired by Marvel's The Thing)

came out great. i like that the neutral-ish tone isnt too saturated with the theme colors; looks very natural. that base is great, consider the idea stolen.

• Like 1

came out great. i like that the neutral-ish tone isnt too saturated with the theme colors; looks very natural. that base is great, consider the idea stolen.

Thanks. I figured it's the theme that matters. His real coloring would be too bright and I always planned on them being real stone golems or "whatever large-class humanoid I don't already own or have to few of."

I like the Warhammer 40mm planked bases I got from holiday clearance from FRP. I didn't want ship decking. I wanted something that didn't look like it would hold him. LOL The coloring is, Reaper Walnut Brown, then a drybrush mixed from Vallejo Stencil and Asphaltum from DecoArt then finished with Vallejo Yellow Green to put some algae on the wood. The moss on the planks is sand with Reaper Grass Green as a base then more Vallejo Yellow Green drybrushed over that.