Sign in to follow this  
Dadcubed

Creature Size vs Base Size vs Miniature Size

Do any of you ever base minis by giving --each foot-- a separate base? (In this instance "minis" means things considered Ogre size and up...)

Would look like they are going ogre skiing? Have you done this?

I had to think hard about it --- I don't think I ever have. I was picturing round bases TBH. And mostly creatures like big four legged dinosaurs, dragons, and that Lord of the Rings Oliphant that has as many tusks as legs --- and of course Dragons.

I have decided that if I am ever confronted by a miniature I need to use for Warlord like that IronCobra example (fits on a cavalry base; it needs to fit in a square base) that I am going to cheat a little.

I will put it on the larger base, but I will mark the base with some kind of contrasting basing sand or grass. For example: the official 25x25 square will be all black lava sand and the excess base will be blond sand or grass. The excess base zone will stick out to the rear of the figure and my opponent will be cordially invited to place figures over it (if possible) or just ignore its presence (shoot through it; sight over it, etc.)

The contrasting coloring will mark what is not officially there.

where can I get a blank 120mm round base? no matter what I try i can not get my colossal skellie's bases to flatten out completely.

oooh... pretty bases....

yeah I think i'll do a little shopping this weekend. I wanted some nice bases for my giants anyway.