Beagle

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my last update:

Received:

Cthulhu Wars - Minis are pretty nice, but the company was only interested in the people who paid the most money. WIBA: No. No, I would not. Not even if they paid me.

Backed:

Kingdom Death: Monster - So close, but yet so far away. So. Far. Away. I added a even more stuff to my pledge, in a trade for my "Basius By Proxy" pledge. Latest update has it shipping this summer. We'll see what happens, but in Poots we trust. Pledge manager is closed now. WIBA: Maybe, but my miniatures collection is outgrowing my available painting time. But I love KD minis sooooooo much...

Mantis Model Storage Case - Still not delivered. This makes me not happy. WIBA: No. Way too late for a cardboard-and-foam minis case.

Basius 2 - Backed by proxy for 4 (3 for me, 1 for a friend) pads. Going to be late, but with such a small company and an overwhelming response...well, I kind of expected it. Sad, baseless, tiny pirates await their Homestead pad. WIBA: Probably not. I think the three pads I got will cover my basing needs for many years to come. Unless they don't, in which case I'd definitely back again.

Harwood Hobbies - Backed for a few minis, hooray for the CAD exchange rates! The Avatar of Kali looks phenomenal. WIBA: So far, so good, so, yes.

RAFM Airship Pirates - Backed for...uh, 20 minis. Also about...um, 20 minis for a friend. WIBA: Probably, the photos of the minis look good, just waiting to see how well they deliver.

Yellow Sign - John Wick's at it again. A series of three(?) modules for CoC. WIBA: Yep. Sure would.

Burrows and Badgers (Oathsworn) - I said I'd back them again, and so I did. These are some pretty cool looking greens. Went in for Party of Five, the Badger, and the Terrain, little over $100, all told. WIBA: Yep.

BONES 3 - Might as well go ahead and put this here. I know it's going to happen. I know I'm going to be all-in. WIBA: I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Yep.

Completed:

Reaper Bones: Teh Bonesening One

Stonehaven Gnomes: Teeny Tiny Minis

Oathsworn One: Early Dwarves are Awesome Dwarves

Dungeons of the Mountain King Paper Terrain: In Which the Printer Breaks Down

GTFO Documentary: Is Movie

Oathsworn Two: Heroically Early

Impact! Asian Chibis: Giant, Cute Heads

Stonehaven Elves: No elves here, just critters.

Oathsworn Three: Odin Arrives... Early

Reading Rainbow: Is in a book, it's reeeeeadiiing Raaaaaaainboooooooow~!

Oathsworn Four: Big Stompy Robot is awesome!

Reaper Bones II: 20 More Minis in my house  :wacko:

Pending:

SDE Forgotten King: Is half here, just waiting for add-ons

Stonehaven Half Orcs: Still waiting.

Oathsworn Five: Burrows & Badgers are being made  ^_^

Impact! Dungeon Minis: Just filled out the pledge manager and sent them more money  :blink:

And... waiting for Bones 3 to start :lol:  :down:

• Like 1

Updated list as follows:

Updated - 13 deliveries in the last 6 months!

Delivered:

Shadowrun Returns: Delivered WIBA: Probably
Zpocalypse: Delivered WIBA: Maybe. Have resisted thus far.
Zombicide: Delivered WIBA: I was against it due to a rough experience the first time, but maybe for Z4
Bug Alien: Delivered WIBA: Yes
The Lost Dutchman: Delivered WIBA: Fills a niche and was local. Maybe.
Reaper BONES: Delivered WIBA: Absolutely!
Heroes of Metro City: Delivered WIBA: Not sure. Was very late and the game isn't quite as good as DC Deckbuilding Game, so probably not.
Stonehaven - Gnomish Adventurers: Delivered WIBA: Yes. Although skipped elves due to funds being spread too thin.
Dungeon Roll: Delivered WIBA: Maybe
Professional Mp3 Background Loops: Received WIBA: If I had need of them
Dwarven Miner: Delivered WIBA: It could definitely use an expansion, so maybe.
Giant 2 Inch Soft Foam Polyhedral Dice: Delivered WIBA: Yes, but it seems they won't be doing another.
Alea Tools: Delivered WIBA: I have a lot now, so not sure if I need them. Maybe.
Happy Seppukky Base Stamps: Delivered WIBA: Yes. They are great!
Whisper & Venom: Delivered WIBA: I just bought into some minis, but I like them and might buy more. Maybe.
King's Cup: Delivered WIBA: No. I haven't even opened the pack yet. Apparently we play less drinking games than we used to.
The Easy Macro Smartphone Lens: Delivered WIBA: Don't think so. It was a nice idea, but I don't think it quite works for mini photography.
Red Box Games: Norse Warriors: Delivered WIBA: Yes. Tre does great work!
The Stomping Land: Received. Not played yet. WIBA: Haven't played yet, so not sure.
Among the Sleep: Received. Not played yet. WIBA: Haven't played yet, so not sure.
Grim World: Received  WIBA: Haven't played yet, so not sure.
Wasteland 2:  Received late. Have yet to play it.  WIBA: Maybe
Dungeon Roll Winter Promo: Was way late. Also, this game has not been seeing much table time. WIBA: unknown
Itar's Workshop: Late, but good. I feel for the guy, for sure. WIBA: Yes, if they manage to get time to do one.
RPGs are Evil - Dark Dungeons: The Movie!: Delivered. WIBA: Yes, probably
Game Decor's PaintWorks: Delivered late due to cold weather there, I guess. WIBA: Yes
Barbarian Horde by Tre Manor (Red Box Games): Delivered. Amazing sculpt, as usual WIBA: Absolutely! Already have.
The Covetous Poet's Adventure GM Guidebook: Received. Good stuff. WIBA: depends on the future product
Minx Miniatures: Delivered. WIBA: Not sure yet.
Stonehaven Pop-Up Terrain: Digital files received. Physical product received. Great stuff! WIBA: Yes. #StoneHavenFanForLife
Pairs: A New Classic Pub Game: Seemed worth the shot. Fun game and useful for using with middle school students despite "Pub" in name. WIBA: Yes, probably
Character Meeples: Seemed worth the shot  WIBA: Yes, probably
Darklands: First Edition II: Price is the only thing preventing me backing this at an excessive level. WIBA: Absolutely, but depends on funds.
MYTH: All delivered. Second edition of rulebook made it playable and awesome. WIBA: Yes. Already have.
AntiMatter Rise of the Draconids: Received and awesome. I wish I owned the whole catalog. WIBA: Yes. I may have to own them all at some point.
Heroic Fantasy Minis by Tre Manor (Red Box Games): I need moar Trebeard sculpts!. WIBA: Every time. Tre is awesome! #thatbeard
IAmElemental Action Figures for Girls: My daughter loves them. WIBA: Probably, although it would mostly likely have to be more toys for my daughter to play with.
Game Master's Apprentice: Back for PDF only and ended up buying the printed deck. Worth it! WIBA: Maybe
Combat Description Cards for Storytellers and GMs: Seemed worth the shot and was!  WIBA: Yes, probably...although not sure what new offerings they would have (spell card descriptions could be handy)
Reading Rainbow: I got my bookmarks. WIBA: Probably.
Reaper BONES 2: Delayed. First wave due Q1 2015 WIBA: Absolutely. Backed CAV and will back Bones next month. (maybe even Legendary Encounters later this year)
Dwarven Forge Caverns:   I wish that I would have backed the first one. Delivered and great! WIBA: Yes, and have.
Impact! Chibi Pony Adventure:Need to paint more of what I ordered, and they struggle with paint/primer, but great for my daughter. WIBA: Probably. Depends on my daughter's interest level.
The Bacterionomicon: This ranks pretty far up there on the cool factor. Great book for the shelf! WIBA: Yes, probably (actually currently backing Healing Blade, but waffling due to funds)
Corvus Corax Miniatures - Outcasts: This should have gotten more funding! Great mini and amazing shipping time! WIBA: I can't wait to!
Tavern Dungeon Decor: Delivered already and will be great for scenery and diorammas! WIBA: Yes!

Partially Delivered:

Dungeon Crawler: Received most of this. Late, but communicating fairly well. Stuff looks great, too WIBA: Yes
Reaper Bones CAV:SO: In production. WIBA: Probably. Depends on interest level.

Yet to Deliver:

GNL Mats: Last minute impulse back. I figure it could be useful for certain things. WIBA: We'll see...
Phoenix - Dawn Command: I am an Eberron fanatic and <3 Keith Baker. Was easy to convince myself for this one WIBA: Probably
Blood Rage: I blame Ub3r for this one. It looks good though. WIBA: Not sure.
MYTH: I backed this fairly heavily. Pledge manager isn't up yet, but it could end up being only less than Reaper and Dwarven Forge Kickstarters for total spent. WIBA: Maybe. I will have a LOT of MYTH after this.
Dwarven Forge's Modular City Builder Terrain System: I went heavy on this. Heavier than any Kickstarter yet. I hope it pays off as an investment in the hobby for years to come. WIBA: I would love to say I have restraint, but I don't
The Lost Dungeons of Xon: An Innovative RPG Adventure: I backed this in hopes of seeing more modules like this released from other companies too. Hyperlinked PDFs with Bones and Dwarven Forge in mind? Great idea! WIBA: Probably!
Exploding Kittens: I backed this on a whim and for something to throw in the rotation of party fun games like CAH. WIBA: not sure what to expect from a second Kickstarter, so maybe?
Barbarian Hordes by Red Box Games: I went in heavier this time and will likely do so from here on out. WIBA: I <3 Trebeard minis
Stones Dungeon Tiles: Reaper's endorsement and the material sold me on this. Added to my pledge in Pledge Manager. WIBA: Probably.
Lord Zse Zse Elven Papercraft Terrain: In production with some released already. WIBA: Probably.
Darkfast Dungeons: In production. WIBA: Unknown
StoneHaven Half-Orcs: In production. WIBA: Yes. #StoneHavenFanForLife
Battle Systems Fantasy Dungeon Terrain: In production. WIBA: Unknown.
The Gallery: Six Elements:  Delayed. WIBA: Unknown so far
The Phoenix Project - City of Titans: in development  WIBA: unknown. Mainly backed to show CoH/CoV support
Teramyyd: Earthsphere: Haven't check in on it in a while, but serious delays WIBA: Maybe, will wait and see
Tome of Horrors Complete: Frustration, but not as frustrated as the previous KS backers probably are. Hopefully this gets fulfilled at least somewhat. The bankruptcy is going to be rough. WIBA: No.
ARKYD: A Space Telescope for Everyone: Communication could be better. WIBA: unknown
Ice Age Mammals: My $15 pledge might just become a cost to cover entertainment value of this train wreck. WIBA: Not if you paid me.
Dungeons and Dragons: A Documentary: Late and uncertain production due to legal issues WIBA: No

Currently Backing or Debating Backing:

Zombicide - Black Plague: Funds are kind of tight. I might have to pull this pledge in anticipation of Bones and MYTH pledge manager.
Healing Blade - Defenders of Soma:  Funds are kind of tight. I might have to pull this pledge in anticipation of Bones and MYTH pledge manager.

Color Coding Key:
Green: Received Completely.
Lime Green: Received partially.
Black: In production, but not delayed.
Orange: Delayed
Red: Nervous for some reason. Some more than others.
Violet: Ongoing

• Like 1

Received CMON base system, so have updated my list here

Luckily the primary project I bought them for I haven't received yet, so no real problems there...CMON communication still sucks though.

Pardon the digression, but could you go into more detail why you are "undecided" were you to back the project again? Was it not as much value as you would have liked? Did they have problems handling the project (I noticed some shipping issues) or was their customer service and communication particularly poor? TIA!

Not so much backing the project again, but backing the project's creator. I have found that CMON basically doesn't communicate after the project is completed, so you never really know where things are up to. Means that I won't back their projects unless I'm really interested now

Not so much backing the project again, but backing the project's creator. I have found that CMON basically doesn't communicate after the project is completed, so you never really know where things are up to. Means that I won't back their projects unless I'm really interested now

I'm not backing CMON again even if I'm really interested.  I'm still upset over the Zombicide Season 2 character misprints.  ::(:

I'm not backing CMON again even if I'm really interested. I'm still upset over the Zombicide Season 2 character misprints. ::(:

I had some bad luck with very late product from season 1 that when it was finally delivered was partially wrong. The customer service was a nightmare to deal with to get a new shipment sent out...that still had a wrong shirt size. I just gave up and vowed to do business elsewhere after that. (But I took another shot on Blood Rage...and maybe Zombicide 4)
  • Like 1

Since my last update:

Received:

Cthulhu Wars - Minis are pretty nice, but the company was only interested in the people who paid the most money. WIBA: No. No, I would not. Not even if they paid me.

Backed:

Kingdom Death: Monster - So close, but yet so far away. So. Far. Away. I added a even more stuff to my pledge, in a trade for my "Basius By Proxy" pledge. Latest update has it shipping this summer. We'll see what happens, but in Poots we trust. Pledge manager is closed now. WIBA: Maybe, but my miniatures collection is outgrowing my available painting time. But I love KD minis sooooooo much...

Mantis Model Storage Case - Still not delivered. This makes me not happy. WIBA: No. Way too late for a cardboard-and-foam minis case.

Basius 2 - Backed by proxy for 4 (3 for me, 1 for a friend) pads. Going to be late, but with such a small company and an overwhelming response...well, I kind of expected it. Sad, baseless, tiny pirates await their Homestead pad. WIBA: Probably not. I think the three pads I got will cover my basing needs for many years to come. Unless they don't, in which case I'd definitely back again.

Harwood Hobbies - Backed for a few minis, hooray for the CAD exchange rates! The Avatar of Kali looks phenomenal. WIBA: So far, so good, so, yes.

RAFM Airship Pirates - Backed for...uh, 20 minis. Also about...um, 20 minis for a friend. WIBA: Probably, the photos of the minis look good, just waiting to see how well they deliver.

Yellow Sign - John Wick's at it again. A series of three(?) modules for CoC. WIBA: Yep. Sure would.[/font][/color]

Burrows and Badgers (Oathsworn) - I said I'd back them again, and so I did. These are some pretty cool looking greens. Went in for Party of Five, the Badger, and the Terrain, little over $100, all told. WIBA: Yep.

Dark Sword - Tony DiTerlizzi Masterworks - Sheesh. Bit into my Bones 3 funds here, but I don't regret it. WIBA: Depends on the next artist for the Masterworks collection.

Fury: Outburst Control - We'll see if this one funds. I like the Roman Orcs.

BONES 3 - Might as well go ahead and put this here. I know it's going to happen. I know I'm going to be all-in. WIBA: I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Yep.

• Like 2

This is a great thread. I've backed 51 Kickstarter projects. I'd bet half missed their timelines. Probably 20% to 30% haven't fulfilled but I'm guessing only about 10% will totally flame out. I back a lot of film-related stuff so the timelines get pretty long.

I've backed a handful of IndieGoGo projects but don't anymore. All but one of those failed to produce anything at all. And now they're just kind of scammy, like this project that's basically a rebranded item already available from Alibaba.

Despite the misfires, I love backing Kickstarter projects and have gotten a lot out of them. Some of my favorite rewards:

• A boatload of Bones. I feel like we get a lot of value for backing the Bones Kickstarters.
  • Lunch with Buffy's Emma Caulfield.
  • A tour of the set for Charlie Kaufman's upcoming stop-motion animation film.
  • A phone call from Matthew Modine.
  • Like 1

I've stopped updating my list as it makes me depressed looking at it. 

To give you an idea of my pain:

I've backed 35 Kickstarters and all of those I went big on are either very late or have failed:

Drake I - Ran out of Money, received a handful of poorly cast minis

Drake II - Ran out of Money, nothing received

Tomb of Horrors - Bankrupt

Tomb of Horrors Two - Bankrupt

Midgard - 3 years late, unlikely to deliver

Judge Dredd - nearly 4 years late

Low Life -  nearly 4 years late, project owner is trying but it's real slow

Fractured Dimensions - Have probably fallen out with the bizarre project owner (who seemed to take it very personally when I reported him to Kickstarter for not replying to six emails and not updating in 5 months), I expect to receive nothing.

All Quiet on the Martian Front - Three years late

Winter War - Project owner has updated to say he's out of money

I'm also concerned about the two RAFM projects I backed and Fairytale games - both companies have money issues.

• Like 1

I've stopped updating my list as it makes me depressed looking at it. 

...all of those I went big on are either very late or have failed:

Drake I - Ran out of Money, received a handful of poorly cast minis

Drake II - Ran out of Money, nothing received

I'm also concerned about ... Fairytale games - both companies have money issues.

I hear you, though I could add 'Total Extinction - Battle of Karnath' to that list. Double Commisar and all...

There are people getting some Fairytale stuff (and it gets positive reviews), so I still have hopes for that one.

Edited by Godfather Punk