Your Kickstarter list. How you doing?

Beagle

I've stopped updating my list as it makes me depressed looking at it. 

To give you an idea of my pain:

I've backed 35 Kickstarters and all of those I went big on are either very late or have failed:

Drake I - Ran out of Money, received a handful of poorly cast minis

Drake II - Ran out of Money, nothing received

Tomb of Horrors - Bankrupt

Tomb of Horrors Two - Bankrupt

Midgard - 3 years late, unlikely to deliver

Judge Dredd - nearly 4 years late

Low Life -  nearly 4 years late, project owner is trying but it's real slow

Fractured Dimensions - Have probably fallen out with the bizarre project owner (who seemed to take it very personally when I reported him to Kickstarter for not replying to six emails and not updating in 5 months), I expect to receive nothing.

All Quiet on the Martian Front - Three years late

Winter War - Project owner has updated to say he's out of money

I'm also concerned about the two RAFM projects I backed and Fairytale games - both companies have money issues.

Wowsers. If I'd had your experience, I'd have given up on Kickstarter altogether. The Kickstarter I'm most emotionally involved in is very late (coming up on a year), but was still officially making progress as of a month ago and at least released some product. I've been lucky that so far, none of the Kickstarters I've backed have been vaporware.

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like I've been very lucky with my Kickstarters. There has not been a single one that definitely did nor or will not deliver. There were a few duds and a few that I'm waiting for longer than expected (I backed Jagged Alliance Flashback and that was a disappointment ... Shadowlands Campaign setting for Pathfinder is late, is slow but is crawling along ... Sovereign Stone for Pathfinder delivered most of the promised PDFs but I wanted real books shipped and that has not happened yet. Apart from that, no real problems).

• Like 1

I've stopped updating my list as it makes me depressed looking at it. 

To give you an idea of my pain:

I've backed 35 Kickstarters and all of those I went big on are either very late or have failed:

Drake I - Ran out of Money, received a handful of poorly cast minis

Drake II - Ran out of Money, nothing received

Tomb of Horrors - Bankrupt

Tomb of Horrors Two - Bankrupt

Midgard - 3 years late, unlikely to deliver

Judge Dredd - nearly 4 years late

Low Life -  nearly 4 years late, project owner is trying but it's real slow

Fractured Dimensions - Have probably fallen out with the bizarre project owner (who seemed to take it very personally when I reported him to Kickstarter for not replying to six emails and not updating in 5 months), I expect to receive nothing.

All Quiet on the Martian Front - Three years late

Winter War - Project owner has updated to say he's out of money

I'm also concerned about the two RAFM projects I backed and Fairytale games - both companies have money issues.

Ouch!   ::(:   

I was on the Judge Dredd KS as well.  While I went "big", I didn't go all-in though so I've already received all the mini's I backed for.  Definitely a No with regard to WIBA though.  

I guess I've been really lucky on KS.  In terms of WIBA, can't really answer that question at the moment due to a moratorium on any more mini purchases.  Instead of answering whether I would back again, I'll answer whether I'm happy with the KS.

I've backed 32 projects and in terms of those I went big ($100+) on (I've highlighted those I'm definitely avoiding in future):

Bones I - Absolutely YES.  Brilliantly run KS campaign and I'm loving the models I got.  

Storm Hollow - I got a refund so I guess I shouldn't be too disappointed.  :grr:

Judge Dredd - I like the quality of the models and love the universe but wasn't happy with how the delivery was managed (as Beagle said above, massively late although this is mitigated slightly by models being sent out once ready).  Will not back anything from Mongoose in future.  :grr:

Kingdom Death: Monster - Although very late and having a record of late updates from Poots, the game and models are so unique that I'm still really looking forward to getting my grubby hands on this.

Wild West Exodus - Really nice models and I always did like the wild west theme.  Overall, I was happy with the campaign and how the delivery was handled.

Zombicide: Season 2 - Not happy - still disappointed about the character sheet misprint issue.  :grr:

Galaxy Defenders - Well managed campaign and good product.  Just a shame that I haven't been able to get it to the table.

Fat Dragon Games (numerous KS) - Absolutely YES.  Love the stuff that Tom produces.

Deadzone - Some really nice models (and some meh models too) and overall, a really fun game.  Great value for the price I paid and I don't regret backing - although I'm a little wary of future Mantic KS due to an ongoing theme of poor communication post KS.

Happy Seppuku base stamps - Good KS and I'm happy with the product I got.  With the amount of bases I now have though, it would need something special to make me pledge for more.

Dreadball Xtreme - Haven't got all my stuff yet but I'm happy with the stuff I have received.  I don't regret backing but am wary of future Mantic KS due to an ongoing theme of poor communication post KS.

Yomi - Absolutely loving this game.  Expensive but worth it considering it has taken over our game night.

Apocrypha - Recent KS which hasn't delivered yet.  No comment on whether I would back again as its too early to say.

• Like 1

Got my Oathsworn stuff...

Happy to give them my money and won't hesitate to do so again if I have the extra cash to throw at them when they're doing something that I'm interested in.

Still outstanding - CAV paints, Fairytales Games minis (still waiting on my two Sacred 40 sets as well)...

Won't back another Artistic Justice Games KS unless they do more minis for Fairytales AND they get their [censored] together.

In on Bones III now, for a dollar. Probably just going to get the first paint set, since it's just too good to pass up, but otherwise money is scarce.

Would I back again? It's Reaper - if they wanted to start a KS to just split the money between themselves, I'd probably back it for $10, lol...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 4

I recently received stuff on both of my oldest unfulfilled Kickstarters: Midgard Miniatures from Eastern Front and Imbrian Arts.  On both of these, I had received partial fulfillment on what I pledged for, but was still missing over half of my stuff on both and most backers were still waiting to receive anything three years later, so asked to receive alternate miniatures from stuff each had on hand in order to at least get something for my money, since it seemed both were delayed indefinitely.  I decided to get something in hand now rather than take my chances with projects that were already over three years old each.

• Like 1

I recently received stuff on both of my oldest unfulfilled Kickstarters: Midgard Miniatures from Eastern Front and Imbrian Arts.  On both of these, I had received partial fulfillment on what I pledged for, but was still missing over half of my stuff on both and most backers were still waiting to receive anything three years later, so asked to receive alternate miniatures from stuff each had on hand in order to at least get something for my money, since it seemed both were delayed indefinitely.  I decided to get something in hand now rather than take my chances with projects that were already over three years old each.

I was relying on you to help me keep the pressure on Mick. But congratz.

Now go and sort your avatar out like a proper forum member

Edited by Beagle
  • Like 5

Actually doin pretty good, then again I don't try to follow Ks that much or I'd back way to many project  & the cashflow prohibits that.

So far I have Boss Monster 2 prob 50% complete just waiting for the extra they said would come out later this year (I went in on the mobile pledge). This one was more of a impluse buy as I did it right before I left for ReaperCon this year. Glad I did, cards look great!

Sean K Reynolds' own rpg is about the only one project I've backed but got nothing from it. I'm not worried thou as I only went in for the pdf + I know SKR is having some personal issues that need to be worked & are more important then a rpg. I'll live.

I did back CAV & Stones but only as a thank you pledges. I still might do the miniatures for Stones as Jason Wiebe showed them to me at RCon this year & loved what I saw.

• Like 2

@Beagle: Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't realize my avatar picture was gone.  I guess it was time to get a new one anyone. I will figure out what to use next.  By the way, what I got from Midgard was Odin, Poseidon, some ocean critters, and a couple of other miniatures in lieu of the various medium sized minis and the bonus kobolds I was supposed to get.  I figured it was a fair deal, especially since he had sent me the two aboleth and the offal worm I ordered about a year ago, and it was causing me way too much stress to keep pressuring for the balance of a $110 pledge. Now off to sort out my avatar!

• Like 4

Recieved some stuff recently, so I'm updating my list:-

Imbrian Arts:- Still waiting. Received a partial shipment sometime last year, at this point I'm not really expecting to get the rest, nice minis though. WIBA - No, I'd wait for retail in future. (Update:- No movement at all on this one.)

Kingdom Death:Monster:- Still waiting, though there does finally appear to be a light at the end of the tunnel! WIBA - Yes, I understand why this one has taken so long, so I'd have no problems backing another. (Update:- This should possibly be on a slow boat from China now.)

Shadows of Brimstone:- Received a partial shipment last November. Somewhat disappointed by the quality of the minis (certainly weren't as good as they were claiming they were going to be), though the new ones look promising. The game is also quite fun the few times I've played it. WIBA - No, I should have enough stuff to last me when the rest arrives in 2016ish. (Update:- looking like late 2016 maybe 2017 before I'll get the rest of this, if I get the rest of this (they keep pointing out how everything is much more expensive than they thought). Also not too happy that the retail release will apparently have extra stuff.)

Super Dungeon Explore:Forgotten King:-  Received a partial shipment a couple weeks ago. Sold it on without opening it. WIBA - No, I'd completely lost interest in chibi style minis between backing and receiving.(Update:- All received and sold.)

Wolsung:- Received a partial shipment a couple weeks ago. Very awesome minis, well worth the money (despite some griping from me during the campaign about the price of the Halfling faction). WIBA - Yes, absolutely. (Update:- Still waiting for the last bit on this, shouldn't be much longer.)

Carnvale:- Waiting but they're not late yet. Shipping rates were an absolute joke, £7 for 1 small mini travelling from Spain to the UK. WIBA - No, not without knowing the shipping fees upfront. (Update:- Received, but had a bit of a disaster on this one. After getting ripped off on the postage, the mini turned out to be a poorly cast mess.)

Basius 2:- Waiting but they should still be on target for their revised date. Slightly annoyed that their updates tend to be about anything but what I've pledged for. WIBA - Unsure, don't know what improvements they could make to Basius 3, not interested in their other projects. (Update:- Received, looks pretty good and useful but I won't be backing any future Kickstarters from them.)

Minion Miniatures - The Monsters of Underdeep:- Due next month. My big zombie dude is looking very promising! WIBA - Probably, I need to start being a little more sensible with my money, but I do like the look of the sneak peeks! (Update:- No movement on this one, I think it's a bit late now, but its nothing compared to the average Kickstarter.)

Going Native - New World Monsters:- Not due until August, too new to know how this one is progressing. WIBA - Unsure at this point. (Update:- Still not due yet, the WIP minis are looking fantastic.)

Wild West Exodus - Unfinished Business:- Not due until March next year, too new to know how this one is progressing. WIBA - No, I have little interest in the range, I'm only after the Kickstarter Exclusive 'Ladies of the West' set. (Update:- Still got a long while to go on this one, but a little worried that the last couple of updates were about a sale they were having rather than what progress they're making.)

TGG2 - Light and Darkness:- Not due until March next year, too new to know how this one is progressing. WIBA - Unsure at this point. (Update:- Still too early, but seems to be progressing nicely.)

No new Kickstarters added yet, I've been a good boy!

• Like 2

Rum & Bones: Everything seems well

Reaper Miniatures CAV : Everything seems well                            

Necromancer Games: They delivered

Tact-Tiles:Not happy with how dark the grey of the tiles is.

Zombicide: Season 3: they delivered quick enough.

Mark of the Old Ones - a Metroidvanian adventure: Not reviewed the download yet.

Dwarven Forge's Caverns: Not as good of a value compared to first. 

Reaper Miniatures Bones II: Pretty good, though I hate the Expansions set up acting as a Paywall between me and a few figs i wanted.

Dwarven Forge's Game Tiles: Pretty good value      

Zombicide: Season 2 Everything seems well

Cthulhu, Mythos Foundry Style!: First delayed by creator learning spincasting. Now stuck in the bottleneck created by Trollcast’s successes                                 

Terathan's Fantasy Card Game Pewter and Resin Miniatures: Wound up getting metal minis when the project creator realized delivering a small run of plastic minis would cost MORE than the metal ones.                                 

Shadowgate: Fun game. 

Assimilation Alien Host: Trying to be patient with Ed, but the delay is so long, I no longer have much interest in the game these were going to be proxies for.

28mm Demons & Devils: Managed to sneak in and get the early bird metal. Out 80 bucks due to the company going under with the king of Evil Dragons unproduced. 

Reaper Miniatures Bones: Great value.

Waiting for Paizo and Q-Worshop Pathfinder Metal dice KS starting in 47 days. They say that they are: extremely happy to announce their project to make the most awesome metal dice set on Earth - and possibly in the Universe as well.

• Like 1