Sign in to follow this  
Carnacki the Ghost Finder

77027 Bones Female Vampire, w/Reaper Kickstarter Paints

Hello!

Finally forced myself to put aside the craft paint. What am I going to do with a vampire flesh triad, I thought? Every time I wanted to reach for the old colors I stuck to the challenge: only the stuff from the Kickstarter. I wouldn't normally use the metallic gold but that was part of the challenge. Overall loved this paint. Base coats went on without thinning. The paint has a tendency to run if you thin it too much when doing highlights and shadows, but I was pleased that the learning curve wasn't steep.

Everything about painting this figure was fun. I also worked on much more detailed eyes than in the past, and made a base out of air-drying clay from the craft store. Super easy to use.

I was asked the question, "what the heck is going on with her b00bs?"

"Well, there was chill in the graveyard air that night..."

Cheers.

post-7755-0-21190200-1378156594_thumb.jpg

post-7755-0-58415800-1378156604_thumb.jpg

post-7755-0-57058000-1378156613_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

I should start mine. XD

Looks pretty solid, Carnacki. The eyes are... frightening... but probably look just fine at tabletop level.

• Like 1

I should start mine. XD

Looks pretty solid, Carnacki. The eyes are... frightening... but probably look just fine at tabletop level.

Thanks for the comments! Yeah the photos make the eyes kinda manga-esque. They don't look that way to the naked eye though. I managed to actually get highlights into them, so I feel like I made a step forward.

Cheers.