Jay

Barbarian Babe, Fallen Angel, and Succubus

I painted up the Barbarian Babe sculpted by Patrick Keith. I was thinking of the snows of Cimeria while painting this one. We saw him hawking the babes on the floor at GenCon. Unfortunately I lost the tassle on her sword somewhere along the way.

post-5131-0-34196400-1378166904_thumb.jpg

I also picked up some of the lovely Impact Miniatures line while at GenCon. I was really disappointed with the quality control. After I got home I found the minis were pretty poorly cast. This was the best of the lot. The only visible problem left on this one is tip of one of the shoulder pads is just completely missing. You might be able to see how bad the hour glass is if you look closely. Some of the other pieces were quite a bit worse. I will post pics later. I'm still trying to repair it. I thought the line of chibi figures from the old animated series "Dungeons and Dragons" were a terrific idea but I think I will pass now.

post-5131-0-28362800-1378166911_thumb.jpg

Last of all here's Bob Ridolphi's wonderful Succubus sculpt. I am really happy with this piece. Bob is a great guy and a terrific sculptor.

post-5131-0-37607200-1378166920_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

I also picked up some of the lovely Impact Miniatures line while at GenCon. I was really disappointed with the quality control. After I got home I found the minis were pretty poorly cast. This was the best of the lot. The only visible problem left on this one is tip of one of the shoulder pads is just completely missing. You might be able to see how bad the hour glass is if you look closely. Some of the other pieces were quite a bit worse. I will post pics later. I'm still trying to repair it. I thought the line of chibi figures from the old animated series "Dungeons and Dragons" were a terrific idea but I think I will pass now.

I find this extremely interesting given how much Ed keeps saying Tre and his minis have been problematic but Impact has been going great.

• Like 1

A few days ago I received an unsolicited message from Tom at Impact Miniatures. Tom was concerned that I wasn't pleased with his figures and offered to make good. He replaced the defective ones and has even investigated the problem with the molds. The mold had torn out on the Fallen Angel figure and they were going to make a new one. In future the quality should be better.

Kudos to Tom and Impact Miniatures for their effort and good service!

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By planetmut
      It had been a difficult and exhausting journey. Zarion Bloodnail, scourge of the Sotha Wastes, defiler of Fruaq Ciliasan, sworn enemy of the Khalolies, had slain innumerable challengers to be here now, at this precise moment, to perform his annual vigil to the one — the only one — who had almost bested him. The blood of the last Llirid who'd stood in his way still dripped from Bloodnail's ancient battleaxe.

Finally he was here, standing at the site of one of his fiercest battles, the sun's weak light barely illuminating his soul-black armour. The skeleton of Utto Nosk, a worthy Cuccerine warrior whom Bloodnail barely bested after hours of shattering combat, lay on the blasted heath. His mighty sword Soulrapier, now rusted and useless, was still where Bloodnail had impaled it in the cursed ground of Verm-Ont once Nosk had finally fallen.

“Once more I stand above you,” Bloodnail said, gazing with some sadness at Nosk's bleached bones while remembering that fight, now decades in the past. “You fought valiantly and died with honour. I have never since encountered a warrior of your skill these past 30 years, and I regret that I never will again. People in this new age are weak and cowering. You, old friend, were of a dying breed, and I fear that I am the last of that breed. Our kind will never be seen again in this world once I am gone.”

Suddenly, a fleeting vision crossed his mind, a vision that filled him with dread as he stood over Nosk's remains.

Beneath his cloven helm, its eyeslits glowing with pale eldritch light, Bloodnail's brow crinkled in thought.

“No. It cannot be,” he murmured, staring into the distance at the mist-shrouded Esternon Mountains. He concentrated, casting his mind back, trying to remember...

“Did I leave the gas on?”

• By Patrick Benjamin
      Here's a simple conversion I made some years ago.  I thought I'd posted him before, but apparently not.  Not my best painting, but my favorite PC none the less.

• By kazmania7
      always luv pirate's and a mind flayer, woot. Had trouble deciding the clothing for him but that decided to just go with a leather like feel.

• By EvilJames
      Finished up one of my first bones 4 minis.  The unnamed big brother to the bones 3 barbarian.

He's a simple table top job, though I probably could have shaded a few details more. Like his bracelet.

I used an ink wash too shade the fur of his cloak and loin cloth. It worked great except they are now both very shiny. I could tone them down with some matte sealer, bit I think I'm just going to declare them magical.

Someone's grumpy today.

here he is with his unfinished little brother. Little brother's weapons ate a bit mor floppy unfortunately. They'll likely take a few hot water baths to fix.

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      I painted a raptor.

He was a speed paint to let out some steam.
  • Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 60 Guests (See full list)