• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cyradis
      This is the end result of me trying ~2.5 sources of light for OSL. Red from magic runes below, teal from a flame in hand, and some moonlight from above.
      The character is our magic user (archivist/wizard/mystic theurge for Wee Jas), who got pretty beat up last session - but he got better. Hence title "revived". His familiar is an Aussie magpie, which was so vexing to paint, because instead of just a black bird, she has some spots. Gah!
      The character is pale, with black hair, and wears black and gray.... so I had a bit of an adventure trying to work around that too.
      The figure is a converted version of Dark Sword's Stephanie Law "Male Mage". I took it off the base and put it on a new one (I think MicroArtStudio?). I also filed off the tiny beard to make it just a little more different. I then took off the staff, and took the Bird on a Rock from that kickstarter and put it on the hand. That thing is on there with superglue, greenstuff, and prayers.
      The red OSL specifically wouldn't have been possible with my Reaper reds; that's Kimera paints. I tried Reaper Blood Red and it just wouldn't go bright enough. On the palette, it looks the same as Kimera's "The Red", but The Red is just sooooo much more vibrant. I thinned the heck out of it and started glazing it in.

Weakest point I think is the bird, but eh, that's okay.

Photos aren't perfect, but still better than what I used to get. Going to fiddle around with stuff again soon.

• By SGHawkins09
      This was one of my diorama entries for ReaperCon featuring miniatures from Dark Sword Miniatures. I had diorama ideas centered around the female figure occupying my mind for a while before I settled on this one. I tried a few other figures with her but nothing fit until I got the male figure and then added the wolf. I am very happy with how it came together and was very pleased that it received a Gold medal in the Diorama Category. I also was honored to receive second place diorama from Dark Sword.

• By HolkDiggity
      My second ReaperCon diorama started as an idea of having Jason Wiebe's Tiger Lily Mage holding a stop sign. When I started looking through the rest of the Dark Sword Miniatures Critter Kingdoms line, I quickly realized that there was potential to build a multitude of scenes. I planned out a simple story: Tiger Lily stops traffic, which would be another animal of some kind, and another animal crosses the street. The Squirrel on a Turtle was perfectly awesome for the traffic, and the Pretty Princess cat noble was great for the pedestrian. I also had a bunch of resin groceries and dressing that I wanted to use, and the Hedgehog Bard made for a great half-oblivious grocer. Oh, and the streets on the sign are named after Mr. Wiebe's other dogs.

This diorama won 2nd Place overall Critter Kingdom Anthropomorphic Animals award, which came with a pretty great store credit prize at Dark Sword. I was honestly so blown away that it was chosen, I barely remember walking up to accept the award, lol.

• By EvilJames
      So finally got around to taking my pictures of my minis from Gencon. I took a bronze for Rumscratch.

I was fairly happy with his little beach there, even if the water doesn't show well on camera.

My elf sailor was also entered, but not judged, since they only judge one of your entries per catagory.

He doesn't look very friendly. He was supposed to though.

I did a Wyrd miniatures speed paint of the Immolated Rhino.

I didn't know anything about this guy other than it was a rhino. Didn't even know the name until just now, so I made it pink. I made it very very pink.
      wish I could have come up with something to do with the cracks in his skin. I just kind of ignored them.

this guy is a deep cuts guard. I did him up in a color theory class.

I don't think he turned out too bad considering the size of the brush I used on him.

I'll probably touch him up eventually.
      Questions, comments, concerns?
      I also took a miniature photography class and as side effect, learned what a few of the icons on my phones camera do. 
    • By Generic Fighter
      Here they are! My Repainted Prizes for the D&D Minis Guild Events at GenCon 2019!

GF
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 195 Guests (See full list)