• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EvilJames
      So finally got around to taking my pictures of my minis from Gencon. I took a bronze for Rumscratch.

I was fairly happy with his little beach there, even if the water doesn't show well on camera.

My elf sailor was also entered, but not judged, since they only judge one of your entries per catagory.

He doesn't look very friendly. He was supposed to though.

I did a Wyrd miniatures speed paint of the Immolated Rhino.

I didn't know anything about this guy other than it was a rhino. Didn't even know the name until just now, so I made it pink. I made it very very pink.
      wish I could have come up with something to do with the cracks in his skin. I just kind of ignored them.

this guy is a deep cuts guard. I did him up in a color theory class.

I don't think he turned out too bad considering the size of the brush I used on him.

I'll probably touch him up eventually.
      Questions, comments, concerns?
      I also took a miniature photography class and as side effect, learned what a few of the icons on my phones camera do. 
    • By Generic Fighter
      Here they are! My Repainted Prizes for the D&D Minis Guild Events at GenCon 2019!

GF
    • By Generic Fighter
      So, It is that time of year again! When the winds of flatulence waft the delecate aromas of nerdfunk into ones nostrils! The Convention season is here! And I won't be going to one! At least not a big one. So no GenCon for me :( But I'm still supporting the DDM Guild events there! So, I'm sharing my WiP pictures here.

The "Thundercorn" as I am calling it, is nearly done. just a bit of touch ups and the base to go.

The Pit Fiend just has the base coats on at this time.

The White Wyrmling has the second layer of shading started.

This is a Scaladar. I think it is supposed to be a robot scorpion that shoots lightning. I have a rather ambitious plan for it though. It has a bunch of cracks in its armor and joints. I'm painting those cracks to look like it has bright crackling lightning inside it! Then I plan to paint the armor a bronze or brass.

GF
    • By Geoff Davis
      Dark Sword Miniatures DSM7461 Male Warrior with Crossbow, sculpted by Jeff Grace.  Painted this up for one of the players in my D&D game.  I'm painting every day, with lots of interesting projects I wouldn't have thought to try thanks to people who have been sending commissions my way. 

• By Sanael
      Got a little bored with the half-finished things on my desk (which explains why they're all half finished and over two years old... Or eight years, in one case...), So I decided I'd start on something I've wanted to paint to a high level for a long time.

Jeff Grace did a magnificent job sculpting this snake lady, and offering a lot of wonderful opportunity for painters. Although I love love looooooove Marike Reimer's subtly colored studio paint job, I wanted something with a bit more color... Beautiful as they are, Diamondbacks aren't the only snakes in the world, and I like snake-folk that aren't just Brown or green.

So I'm talking inspiration from the lovely Redbellied Snake, a small species of the Eastern USA. Maybe too docile a species to expect as a Gorgon, but I don't mind. Look at the color!

So the plan is to go with the highly saturated red-orange of her scutes, abdomen and face, the relatively dull brown of her back, and a pale bluey green for her dress (I suppose the dress is more or less a chiton, but the more I've looked at it, the more it starts looking like a peplos with sleeves and a very small himation...I dunno). I also intend transparency on the garment, which is why I stayed inside the lines about as well as a kindergartner on Red Bull.

This is about 15 minutes of work, that's all I had during lunch today. I also did not write down my paints, so I'll get that formula tomorrow. I am super excited about that red-orange, though!
  • Who's Online   38 Members, 3 Anonymous, 114 Guests (See full list)