• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Vacaroja
      This is my second entry into the Reaper Facebook Convert and Paint contest. I wanted to do this one because I love doing dragonman (dragonborn) conversions. There just aren't enough kinds of dragonmen to model for various character classes. And I'm glad that the catfolk minis came out within the last year because when I think about dragonmen, I like to see their clawed hands and feet, so it makes them great for such a conversion in my eyes.

These were the minis used for parts, including pieces from the dragonman conversion kit: 03457.

Poor Shadoweyes got her head and tail cut off.  Then I had to do some filing and filling to smooth out the cuts (particularly in the back because the tail was sculpted against the backs of the right leg and sword) and some of the fur pattern on her arms and legs. Also had to create small bit armor at the base of the tail so the pieces flowed together well. All Captain Razig lost was his hat and added a head and tail from the conversion kit.

Originally, she was going to be green with dark purple/red armor.  But after I got the original base coats on, I felt she looked too much like a lizard and not a dragon, so I switched it up.

She ended up being the winner.  I was shocked. I figured I might place, but pretty as she is, I didn't think this was one of my better pieces. But she was fun to do and I'm glad the Reaper folks put together this event.

And now, because I still feel bad about chopping off Shadoweyes' head, I'm using a portion of the winnings to buy another one to paint!
    • By Pineapple
      As with the other ghosts, I was playing around with quickly airbrushing a ghost effect.  I liked the green tone of these Bones 4 minis, but I'm not a big fan of translucent figures.  I wanted to paint over them, but keep the ghost vibe.  These are much greener in person.  I like them, but I think the blue ghosts in the other thread turned out a tad better.  These ended up a hair too bright for what I was going for, but it's all in the name of science! I might glaze them down a bit later.

• By Pingo
      This miniature is 15503C Nyamaunir Piratin, a catgirl pirate from Das Schwarze Auge (The Dark Eye, Germany's 1980s answer to Dungeons and Dragons). She's a little Old School and a little short even for that. I like that she looks like a cat who is a person in sensible pirating clothes.

There was a WIP thread, but it didn't get very far.
    • By GrandPrince
      This one was an impulse buy about a month ago at a local gaming shop.  For some reason I couldn't leave the pirate captain behind and after some detail work he's ready to sail the high seas.. probably.

• By lazarp
      I've finally found time and finished painting this one. It's a great model and I enjoyed painting it.
      It will be used as a pc (half-elf swashbuckler) by my sister in our current dnd campaign. :D

• Who's Online   31 Members, 2 Anonymous, 110 Guests (See full list)