Sign in to follow this  
tommisalama

Giant Centipede

Agree with the other comments. Outstanding sculpt, especially considering it is your first. I have not mustered the bravery to try this type of sculpting. Kudos.

All the envy to you! I can't sculpt at ALL. Which makes it hard when you need a custom sculpted mini for christmas...Ugh.

I also really, really love your painting on this guy.

Thanks all! That Green Stuff is really intimidating stuff, at first it's just sticky and doesn't co-operate at all, but through patience even I can make something out of it! I have a huge respect for all the real sculptors after this experience. Of course always respected the work done in a miniature, but now I have a little more insight to how much work it actually needs... But yeah, can't wait to throw this at my players next week in our Pathfinder game. They may giggle and laugh a bit at first, but not for long! =). Now, on to the next one, so much to do, so little time...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      Having just started a 45 figure batch paint of guardsmen, I decided a side project may be in order. Just a little something I could fiddle with off and on to disrupt the monotony and I knew just the project. 

About a year ago, after I finished my first commissar,  I thought it would be a good idea to paint all my commissars differently. That way I could tell all of my HQs or elites apart, but wouldn't you know it after a couple games I realized it was completely unnecessary. Having already started down that path however I decided to press on.

Within about the first week of pondering different color schemes I had a great idea. Unfortunately I lacked the skills and hobby confidence to attempt it. This past year I've managed to learn quite a bit though, especially about sculpting/working with greenstuff. So I think it's time to attempt a Hulk Hogan commissar.
      First up was locating a good reference photo for both his moustache and boa (see above).

As the moustache was the trickier of the two I decided to start there. In a twist of fate getting a good texture was the easy part, but getting the proper size wasn't. After some back and forth I finally got the size correct. Then it was just a simple matter of using a pin and a toothpick to achieve a hair like texture. 
      This is what you get zooming in, but at a regular viewing distance I think it looks good. 

Next came the boa. Try as I might I couldn't get a good feathery texture going. I could get a good amorphous blob/coral like texture though. Much like the moustache it'll fail upon close inspection but I think with a good paintjob it'll hold up just fine.  

See I told you that moustache is passable with some distance.

Now it's just a matter of letting everything dry before priming. I guess it's a good thing we have holiday commitments for the next couple days.

As with any greenstuff project you always end up with some leftovers. After adding a skull to the Hulkster's base I thought I'd share the wealth with a few random models from my desk.

• By SGHawkins09
      Not sure if this belongs here or under conversions but since I need help/feedback on the sculpting, I figured here was better. 

I am adding puffy sleeves to a figure and I am very much a novice when it comes to sculpting. I have been working on one and while it looks good to me, I need a second opinion. What do you guys think?

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, Now that the contest is over, here are more pictures of my converted 77038, Hell Hound. The original sculpt is by Ben Siens. This was my entry in Reaper's Facebook Convert and Paint contest. Khan is my elf riding dog in our D&D campaign. The contest was the perfect pretexte to make this conversion. I first removed all the spikes and flames on the hound's back. I then built the armor and saddle using green stuff and a paperclip. The chest is from Reaper's 02638, adventuring accessories. There were amazing entries in the contest and I managed to get an honorable mention. Thanks to Reaper miniatures and Matthew Clark for organizing this contest.

• By Glitterwolf
      This one I got from @strawhat part of a Toob Animal Set.
      I repainted it.
      I used it on my Welcome to the Jungle Terrain / Diorama piece.
      Which in turn is part of my Lost World Project.

Here I took pics of the Giant Centipede in his own corner of the piece.
      Done in Scale 75 Inks.

• By RandomExtra
      I started a D&D campaign for my son and some of his friends, and using it as an excuse to acquire and paint some new minis. Here is my son's Tiefling sorcerer (sorceress?)The plan: We don't really like the "combat bikini" on this one, so I am going to attempt to add, well something to it. It won't be great, probably wont even look good, but hey I'm only trying to get better, so please comment, critique, advise, instruct, and what not.
      Going with a light purple skin because its for a Tiefling character, and I think purple is an interesting color to paint. Turquoise colored garments as a complimentary color, and some yellow gold metal for some contrast.

And some color after the nip tuck. I went with blue for a base cause I'm guessing it will work better with the purple skin.
      We decided to chop the staff and try for a glass orb for the arcane focus. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Finally to end the night with some Green stuff. I started with a "sheet" of it for the Front and Back panels. I'm going to try to add some detail tomorrow after this dries.
      Overall I don't think the cloth is laying quite right, or the size is off. Either way I hope I can fix it in the next session.
  • Who's Online   19 Members, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)