Sign in to follow this  
catdancer

Lara in the jungle...Fantasy vignette

post-11942-0-54664100-1379102428_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-91636900-1379102355_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-32747000-1379102271_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-06388800-1379102187_thumb.jpg

PROJECT...This is a private vignette with a Lara Croft type female character in a jungle setting next to a foo dog statue.

FEMALE FIGURE...(not pictured here)...Hasslefree (Eve) # HFA001

VIGNETTE...The vignette will be (2 3/4 x 4) inches...wooden base with ceiling tile vignette base. This is the progress after 2 days of solid work...selecting the right branches for the wooden trees...cutting and constructing the pictured jungle vegetation/plants...doing the foo dog statue and laying in the ivy leaves and moss growth.

FOO DOG...Is a raw plaster statue casting (3" tall) that I picked up at a thrift store.

FUTURE POSTINGS...I will post more photos of this project as I progress with it.

• Like 6

I like where you're going with this one catdancer. I've always enjoyed your more involved bases. ::):

Edited by Darsc Zacal
  • Like 1

post-11942-0-71865900-1379259614_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-07188800-1379259436_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-51728900-1379259368_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-25276500-1379259305_thumb.jpg

GROWING THE JUNGLE...Another 2 days of work (completed)...growing the jungle (right side of vignette) and (rear of vignette)...now my jungle work is about 90% done. Now I have to make a couple of snakes and finish the jungle floor and this aspect of the vignette will be complete.

LOOKING FOR MINIATURE...I am looking for (Freebooter # FBSTE002 = Archaeologist)...but everywhere I check...nobody seems to have it in stock (some say that it is on back order...others say that it is no longer available...I am still looking).

• Like 3

post-11942-0-93041300-1379276616_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-48442900-1379276527_thumb.jpg

VIGNETTE PROGRESS...I added my two snakes (coral snake on the log & python on the statue). Finished the jungle ground cover.

FIGURE...What is left now is the painting & placement of the Lara Croft type female figure...have not fully made up my mind as to which figure I want to use (the Hasslefree or Freebooter)...I would prefer to use the Freebooter (if I can find someplace that has it in current stock)...

FINAL POSTING...I will post the final photos of this vignette (when it is completely finished) on the Show Off forum.

Hope you liked the progress on the piece.

• Like 4

Lara Croft type figure eh?

I don't think I've ever asked you Catdancer, but considering your name, how do you feel about Mouselings? :;):

image_zps930c96b2.jpg

• Like 3

Lara Croft type figure eh?

I don't think I've ever asked you Catdancer, but considering your name, how do you feel about Mouselings? :;):

image_zps930c96b2.jpg

Hi Darsc...I think your posted figure (above) is precious and adorable...I have seen others do these figures (some outstandingly)...as for myself, I have never really considered doing any of them myself...no real reason, except maybe for the fact that (to me) they are a separate category of miniature figures & figure art...both the mouselings & frogs...Darksword makes a beautiful line/series of these types of figures. I fear that if I ever got started on these unique little miniatures (I might get hung up on them and abandon my joy of vignettes & amazons)...I tend to pursue a very narrow spectrum of painting & building...when I am doing something I really love.

I know you prefer the ladies, er the human ones that is. :;):

I do think you have a very fanciful style that would suite the Mouselings and as you mentioned, Darkswords line quite well, but I do understand wanting to focus on the subjects you enjoy the most. When you mentioned Lara Croft this was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Also I should have credited the pic above to Reapers online store.

(not my painting)

• Like 1

She'll look sweet on that base you just got this last Saturday, Cash.

Nice job so far Catdancer. I like the overall layout and your snakes look right on. The larger one reminds me of a giraffe print. Maybe I will make one and paint it that color for the fiancee. She likes Giraffes. Snakes not as much. Should be amusing.

Can you post links or pics of the two girls you are considering? Just curious.

• Like 1

post-11942-0-79607500-1379349367.jpgpost-11942-0-55226100-1379349329.jpg

THRYM...Per your request; these are the two figures that I have in consideration for the above jungle vignette.

2 GUNS...Hasslefree figure...

GUN & SWORD...Freebooter figure

ACKNOWLEDGEMENT...Both of these photos were taken from the Google web-site and the figures are not mine.

• Like 1

Yup, treasure hunting fems with weaponry and shorts.

I gotta say I like the Gun & Sword from Freebooter better for your layout. To bad they are hard to find. It amuses me that they call it "archaeologist."

The older pistol fits the scene better I think. The glocks that Hasslefree has fits the video game.

Perhaps a bullet hole or twelve in the statue would add the appropriate ambiance for gun fight the women bring.

Good luck finding the girl of your drea... diorama.

• Like 1

This is marvelous! The way you've done the WIP I can see how it is done and that is a big help to me in learning, so thank you for showing us your work as it comes along.

I think the Freebooter figure is the most appropriate for the dio. The reason is this: She is in the jungle and she needs that big blade to cut through the brush. Also the guns on the Hasslefree are too modern for what I see as a classic Pulp vignette. They just don't fit as well as the pistol in the Freebooter figure.

• Like 1