Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I have 99 problems but a painted mini ain't one.
That sounded better in my head and I apologize for the unintentional grimacing I have caused.
I noticed by happenstance (while checking my BGstats challenges) that today marks 99 days until the end of the year. What better way to initiate a painting challenge? I am throwing down the gauntlet...for myself, I guess. I need to get some serious minis painted out of my collection.
Tonight I will spend making a quick foray into what minis I have that I think should be thrown into this seemingly impossible challenge. I will hopefully accomplish picking the first thing to paint...maybe even a pile of things to paint.
For the sake of this challenge, "mini" is going to be a vague guideline. Characters, NPCs, monsters, terrain, scatter, small, massive, etc. - it doesn't matter. I will paint a bunch of stuff. Some of it may even turn out looking alright...maybe.
Anyone crazy enough to join me?
Bones2 Hatchling Beauty Pageant
June 2016 - August 31st 2016
1. Paint ONE of the FOUR dragon hatchlings:
77271: Dragon Hatchling Blue
77272: Dragon Hatchling Green
77273: Dragon Hatchling Black
77274: Dragon Hatchling Red
2. You don't have to paint them per the color description, paint them any color you like. The base should also be painted in some manner. The hatchlings came with the core set of Bones II so anyone who bought the core set from that should have them, or pick one up from your FLGS (Friendly Local Gaming Store) if you like!
3. Post your entry by midnight CST on August 31st, 2016. Only post photos in this thread, any questions/comments can be had in the discussion thread here. As many photos per figure as seems reasonable, please try to post per the forum rules on photo sizes. If you decide to paint all four hatchlings, please just pick one to enter here so it is simplified for voting, but you can link to your show-off post for your other ones if you like.
4. Check back September 1st or 2nd and we'll set up the voting.
5. Have fun! A beauty pageant is just to give you a chance to paint the same figure as a bunch of other like minded folks. Whether you are a true beginner or have been painting for years, whether you are a master, paint only for tabletop, or still have a lot to learn this is a great way to participate in a challenge and just have fun. Hope to see your beautiful entries, hit me up in the discussion thread for any questions! Thanks!
For the next pageant I'd like to move to Bones2, starting with the first 30 figures in the Core Set. There's a good variety of characters and creatures there.
Who wants to put forth the first candiate for a pageant?
I'm partial to the fishman 92617, or the priest 92620.
By Daughter Dilvish
Valentines day. The day I sit on my butt and do nothing... Not this year! I've decided I'm going to take the entire day to paint miniatures, and see if I can beat Dilvish for number of miniatures painted in 2015. (I finally have a computer that can hook up to a camera, so I can post pictures!!!) If I'm lucky I might be able to finish that town I've been building. Wish me luck!
Reaper Bones Beauty Pageant Jan-Feb 2015 The challenge: 1. paint one of the following Bones figures. They were included in the Bones Kickstarter Vampire Box and should also be available wherever Reaper products are sold. Remember that the base is part of the figure and should be painted as well. Modifications are allowed. 77073 Freja Fangbreaker, Dwarf Sergeant
77072 Bailey Silverbell, Dwarf
77074 Dain Deepaxe, Dwarf
77075 Khael Stonekindle, Dwarf Wizard
89012 Lem, Iconic Halfling Bard
77164 Elliwyn Heatherlark, Gnome Bard
77167 Ingrid, Female Gnome
77165 Hellakin Goregutter, Halfling Thief
77166 Balto Burrowell, Gnome
77031 Cassie, Female Gnome Wizard
77133 Gruff Grimecleaver, dwarf pirate
2. (optional) Include a short paragraph of fictional backstory for your entrant. Be creative and have fun with this. 3. Post your entry to this thread by midnight CST on February 7, 2015. Anyone can enter at any time before this deadline. Remember, have fun with it. Try not to worry about "rules" too much. Paint the figure. Mod it if you like. Get creative. The following week I will set up a poll and entrants will be able to vote on which figure they find Most Beautiful. Please, no chatter on this thread, entries only! If you have questions or need help, please post in the discussion thread.
Who's Online 7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)