ShadowSea - Conquest of the Underlands

MonkeySloth

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I get that (as we usually go back in for on this every few months) but these are pretty unique in some ways. Also there are no dwarves or goblins but a lot of lizards and mutant sea creatures.

The Dark Mariners are pretty unique to these people as they're kind of a Cuthuloid mutation of atlantians:

646340214e264b42486d9efd9838c9b2_large.j

I'm not really fan, I think the minis are all too busy, but clearly there's skill behind the sculpting.

Best of luck to Antimatter, I'm sure they'll do well.

Its a similar theme. The minis may not look the same, but the subject is not unique...

The Shadow Sea ones do look better .

Sorry if my post cam off as dissmissive as I had to leave to do something. I guess my point is more along the lines of if you want to categorize these by just underwater you need to do the same for land based stuff as WoK's designs are quite different and unique on their own from shadowseas as well.

I'm not really fan, I think the minis are all too busy, but clearly there's skill behind the sculpting.

No shame in that, and I completely see your point. Bob Ollie's style is ... Unique... And certainly isn't for everyone. Hell, at one point I had the same opinion as you, but right now I'm in a place where I like to paint Ollie's stuff.

I'm in for the empire. Patrick does some sexy ladies and Aztec/ mayan themed stuff is actually kind of hard to find. Plus, a rhino ogre/ beastman.

Edited by vulture

anime style

How are you defining this? I really don't see it.

shrug. just the first thing that popped in to my head. minimalistic stylized textures such as the circles on the bodies of the squid parts. stylized angles in the tentacles, and an overall emphasis on lines rather than surfaces. exaggerated body proportions such as the very narrow upper arm/leg to lower arm/leg in the crab monster. the design elements themselves are very reminiscent of manga concepts. it just feels like an adaptation of line art from a cartoon. the other factions are even more stylistically similar to manga. hell, the concept art is manga. maybe it's the paint. /shrug.

in any case, i have been very happy with what i have bought from antimatter in the past, and that is really the point.

Edited by vulture

It's basically every point is $8. So, for example, if you wanted to just cherry pick some you'd pay $12 which gives you shipping and 1 point. If the thing you want is 2 points, just pay another $8.

If nothing else, I may have to do just that to get one or both of the KS exclusives. Especially Quetzali I like, and could see useable in some Sword & Sorcery RPG'ing.