Dice!

Ellyria

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sure.

It starts with a set of dice, and then another, and another.

Before you know it, you'll need a bag, or two, or three to keep them in, so that you can take your preciouses with you where ever you go.

Then it's time for the kinky stuff. Y'know... dice cups. Leather ones, just because.

After that you're into the big guns. DiceTowers.

And there's no turning back after that.

• Like 6

Sparkly pink glitter Cthulhu dice...

...AND THEY HAVE PRECISION DICE! ERMAHGERD!

Oh, how I've missed sharp edges on my dice! <3

How did you know that sparkly dice are my greatest weakness?!?!? (Next is pearly dice, and then dice with pretty colors... I have a lot of dice. ::D: )

My work here is done. :B):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 5

They're very pretty dice, but not very functional. The most important thing for dice is to be able to read them at a glance.

For the first 40 or 50 sets of dice this may be true. But after that it's far more important that they are different and look cool.

Ellyria, I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.

• Like 5

After the great RPG Materials Purge of 2010 (I donated all my 2e and 3e books and materials to a National Guard unit) I have been slowly rebuilding my dice. I currently have two sets of Chessex. I'm looking to recreate a set of the "Official" TSR dice of which I used to own 2, if I can ever find a Game Store that sells individual dice.

Before you know it, you'll need a bag, or two, or three to keep them in, so that you can take your preciouses with you where ever you go.

My three-year-old is already at this point. Thursday, she cleaned out a boardgame (1775) and brought all the bits to daycare. Friday, she tried it again, but was much happier to find that I'd swapped the bits for a bag of ~100 dice when dropping her at daycare. Then she slept with the dice all weekend...

At least I have a Christmas idea now (pound-o-dice).

• Like 6