Dice!

Ellyria

Oh sure.

It starts with a set of dice, and then another, and another.

Before you know it, you'll need a bag, or two, or three to keep them in, so that you can take your preciouses with you where ever you go.

Then it's time for the kinky stuff. Y'know... dice cups. Leather ones, just because.

After that you're into the big guns. DiceTowers.

And there's no turning back after that.

Especially if you're like me and make a dice tower out of dice:

IMG_20130711_121822_zps964a3cf1.jpg

Man. Tried to go to bed last night and spent like 45 minutes on that website in bed, in the dark, on my phone. Grrr. Grumpy Sleep Deprived Old Man today!

*heads back to the website*

Must explore all dice options. Still wouldn't mind some of those really rare hardwood artisan dice.

Two can play the Dice link game:

http://www.artisandice.com/

Remember to come up for air at some point. Enjoy!

Still waiting on my Artisan Dice... ::(:

• Like 6

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm leaning towards Precision Permafrost and then glitter painting the numbers gold.

9002-9167.jpg

Ooo.

Ooooooooooo.

Oh man, I don't need any more dice. I just got a brick of sparkly swirly blue/purple d6's the other day. But oh man, those are some gorgeous dice.

Must...make...Will save....

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to say, http://www.ebay.com/itm/DICE-Gaming-FIRE-OPAL-BLACK-Translucent-7-pc-d20-d6-New-OOP-Out-Of-Print-Sparkle/271277279766?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D17396%26meid%3D1363745581552691524%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D8093%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D370867458467%26'>this is my precious dice set that I got for myself as a birthday present last year. Its sparkly multicolored goodness has been good to me. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 2

I totally completely and absolutely understand dice Addiction.

I came back from GenCon this year with 15 new sets...

bringing me up to a total of 235 sets....

I've got a set of the Shapeways printed metal dice, several of the semi-precious stone dice, several sets of the small dice and a couple of micro metal dice....

several convention only sets, plain, speckled, borialis, gemini, pearly..... it takes like 6 tackle/storage boxes to store them all.

I even got one of those sets of 'RING Dice" (dont have a link, but their the dice you put on your finger like a ring and spin like a bushing)...

My Friends have threatened Intervention...

• Like 1

I think that's the same set as the Smoke Scarabeus Opals I was looking at. I love how we share a brain. None of my other girl friends understand me.

That is extremely unfortunate. I'm glad you found your way here, where there's lots of people who not only understand you, they strongly encourage you! Which...may not actually be a good thing, but there's so many pretty dice sets out there....

I think we might have to start implementing the same fuzzy math that is commonly used with minis. I've only got 20 dice, though I do not yet have 20 sets, which will need to be remedied eventually. Then, when I have 20 dice sets, I will have 20 dice. And then I will be happy.

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

I have 2 pounds of dice. How do I know this? I bought a Chessex Pound o' Dice a few years ago and it doubled the size of my dice bag. My friend who runs a game store has a jar with 50 cents a die. Even though I have more dice then I could ever have a reason to roll, I still grab a few from the jar or buy a 'cool looking' set from the case.

I... I may have a problem...

True confession:

I have given in and purchased the "Mug o' Dice" from the Chessex Booth at Origins at least once.

I have yet to go for the pitcher.

• Like 1

I have 2 pounds of dice. How do I know this? I bought a Chessex Pound o' Dice a few years ago and it doubled the size of my dice bag. My friend who runs a game store has a jar with 50 cents a die. Even though I have more dice then I could ever have a reason to roll, I still grab a few from the jar or buy a 'cool looking' set from the case.

I... I may have a problem...

True confession:

I have given in and purchased the "Mug o' Dice" from the Chessex Booth at Origins at least once.

I have yet to go for the pitcher.

Every time my friend goes to Gencon, I get a mug o' dice.

I always wanted a D100 but they seemed liked they'd be more of a pain to use on a table than 2D10

N00390_big.jpg

They are annoying, for sure, but great for distracting toddlers who want to play.

• Like 1

I always wanted a D100 but they seemed liked they'd be more of a pain to use on a table than 2D10

Well, they're not very random, they take up quite a bit of space in a dice bag, they never stop rolling, and in the unlikely event that they run into something that stops them, it's anyone's guess what number is actually on top.

Other than that, they're great. <_<

• Like 2

After the great RPG Materials Purge of 2010 (I donated all my 2e and 3e books and materials to a National Guard unit) I have been slowly rebuilding my dice. I currently have two sets of Chessex. I'm looking to recreate a set of the "Official" TSR dice of which I used to own 2, if I can ever find a Game Store that sells individual dice.

Loim: Are you talking about the light blue ones you color with the wax crayon or are these something else?

Nah. I'm talking about the ones that came in the black blister with the Parkinson Dragon background. They were all different colors. I've since learned they were made by Chessex, but they no longer sell them packaged in such a way. I bought 2 sets from the game isle in Wal-Mart way back.

After the great RPG Materials Purge of 2010 (I donated all my 2e and 3e books and materials to a National Guard unit) I have been slowly rebuilding my dice. I currently have two sets of Chessex. I'm looking to recreate a set of the "Official" TSR dice of which I used to own 2, if I can ever find a Game Store that sells individual dice.

Loim: Are you talking about the light blue ones you color with the wax crayon or are these something else?

Nah. I'm talking about the ones that came in the black blister with the Parkinson Dragon background. They were all different colors. I've since learned they were made by Chessex, but they no longer sell them packaged in such a way. I bought 2 sets from the game isle in Wal-Mart way back.

Aah, I see. I have a ton of those old faded blue ones (and the crayons, too) and was hoping I could help you out.