Dice!

Ellyria

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude!!! When do these start rolling out?

The current D5 and D7 really bother me. Despite whatever math and/or testing they did to come up with the measurements, I just don't feel like the probabilities are evenly distributed.

Edited by Ellyria

For a D5 they could just number a standard familiar D10 like this: "1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5". I have a cube shaped D3 like that.

:mellow: I would prefer that to some sort of weird geometry.

Further thought on somewhat unnecessary random generators :unsure::

For a D7 I just roll a D8. If it comes up 8, I just roll again (as if the die had been cocked).

For a D5 (I have never needed one, ever) I would just roll a normal D10 and subtract 5 from any result of 6 or higher (6=1; 7=2; 8=3; 9=4; 10=5).

Guess how I would roll a D9... :ph34r:

• Like 1

Sparkly pink glitter Cthulhu dice...

...AND THEY HAVE PRECISION DICE! ERMAHGERD!

Oh, how I've missed sharp edges on my dice! <3

I love precision dice. Sharp edges feel fantastic and The sound of the roll, oh the beautiful music to my ears.

• Like 1

I have 2 pounds of dice. How do I know this? I bought a Chessex Pound o' Dice a few years ago and it doubled the size of my dice bag. My friend who runs a game store has a jar with 50 cents a die. Even though I have more dice then I could ever have a reason to roll, I still grab a few from the jar or buy a 'cool looking' set from the case.

I... I may have a problem...

2lbs of dice makes 20 dice. You've only got 20 dice. Edited by Dadcubed
  • Like 4

For a D5 they could just number a standard familiar D10 like this: "1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,5". I have a cube shaped D3 like that.

:mellow: I would prefer that to some sort of weird geometry.

Further thought on somewhat unnecessary random generators :unsure::

For a D7 I just roll a D8. If it comes up 8, I just roll again (as if the die had been cocked).

For a D5 (I have never needed one, ever) I would just roll a normal D10 and subtract 5 from any result of 6 or higher (6=1; 7=2; 8=3; 9=4; 10=5).

Guess how I would roll a D9... :ph34r:

I don't even like using D4s because they don't quite "roll" but at least they're symmetrical.

These make me twitch.

3502-0023.JPG

9901-0003.JPG

Edited by Ellyria

The current D5 and D7 really bother me. Despite whatever math and/or testing they did to come up with the measurements, I just don't feel like the probabilities are evenly distributed.

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=dicespec

Already available

• Like 1

I've witnessed arguments over D3 before where some fine upstanding gentleman have stated that it is of course a D6 where 1&2 = 1, 3&4 = 2, 5&6 = 3, whereas some vile mouthbreathing miscreant has insisted that it's 1&4=1, 2&5=2, 3&6=3.

I have no strong opinion either way.....

And never trust a man that chooses to use baby D6

mwdmqIRItkeNfQ686NGyndw.jpg

• Like 3

If you've got some spare time, you can always browse Kevin Cook's dice collection...http://www.dicecollector.com/

I unashamedly admit to spending a couple of minutes playing with the dice that followed the mouse around. I never did get to clicking on anything. :upside:

I have lots of baby d6 (I have a serious weakness for tiny things). They're fun for building dice towers out of, but I've rolled them enough out of game to know that they're in no way shape or form balanced. :)

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
  • Like 1

D100. Not much use,except for throwing at someone at the table when they get too annoying, and on the very rare occasion when you actually need to roll a d100 because frankly, 2d10 kinda sucks

I summon the ghost of Rolemaster to haunt thee!

(I roll a fumble on my summoning spell and fall over. I roll badly on my fall and land on my head. I suffer brain damage and a sprained wrist. Stunned for two rounds, -25 to attacks and manoeuver. Also, unconscious.)

• Like 3

Fullfilment for the Kickstarter already happened. I don't know their plans for further distribution, but I hope they do it.

If you've got some spare time, you can always browse Kevin Cook's dice collection...http://www.dicecollector.com/

The trailing mouse was too distracting... it got both me and my cat. We watched it for probably two whole minutes... Then she reached for the screen :blink:

And never trust a man that chooses to use baby D6

mwdmqIRItkeNfQ686NGyndw.jpg

I love tiny things, I have a little vile of these... that I never use. Even the mini dice (half as big as the normal) I have are a touch too small, though my hubby lets me use them because the numbers on mine have good contrast and I sit closest to him.

• Like 1