Dice!

Ellyria

It was used in context to justify buying more minis when you already have more than you will ever need or will ever paint. In other words, not really funny at all. The humour comes from repetition. So buglips made a running gag, similar to Monty Python, which buglips hates, which makes it funny for me. After all, no one expects the spanish inquisition.

• Like 5

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always wanted a D100 but they seemed liked they'd be more of a pain to use on a table than 2D10

N00390_big.jpg

An ex of mine called these D100's "argument starters."

I can totally understand the dice addiction.

I just went and purchased a set of 20 malachite dice from chessex for my boyfriend as his folks in cleaning up his house and packing it to get it ready for sale misplaced all his D&D books and his dice. Thankfully they won't get their hands on anything in our apartment that we are packing up ourselves.

When purchasing the dice for my boyfriend I discovered that my old dice addiction was surfacing because I wanted all the pretties I found on amazon.com for myself when I did a dice search. Dice with elven lettering, Dice of chainmaille, dice of glow in the dark swirls. Yeah I had to clean drool off my keyboard. I can't wait to get to Phoenix and finally have a place to collect my dice and minis again.

I always wanted a D100 but they seemed liked they'd be more of a pain to use on a table than 2D10

N00390_big.jpg

I just went and purchased a set of 20 malachite dice from chessex for my boyfriend as his folks in cleaning up his house and packing it to get it ready for sale misplaced all his D&D books and his dice. Thankfully they won't get their hands on anything in our apartment that we are packing up ourselves.

When purchasing the dice for my boyfriend I discovered that my old dice addiction was surfacing because I wanted all the pretties I found on amazon.com for myself when I did a dice search. Dice with elven lettering, Dice of chainmaille, dice of glow in the dark swirls. Yeah I had to clean drool off my keyboard. I can't wait to get to Phoenix and finally have a place to collect my dice and minis again.

I'd disown my parents if they lost all my gaming books and dice!

Thanks for that, I'm now doing a search on amazon.co.uk for dice......

N00390_big.jpg

31,640 results.

What are you going to do?

N00390_big.jpg

31,640 results.

I'm going to get some results!!!

• Like 1

N00390_big.jpg

31,640 results.

Buy ALL THE DICE! :wow:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

9002-9167.jpg

For the record, Permafrost looks nothing like the above photo except in the same low light situations as would be ideal for Glow dice.

In normal gaming level light, they're kind of a drab periwinkle. As such, the gold didn't turn out great, so I had some fun playing around with other colors. I think emerald and teal look the best.

Dice.jpg

Also, crayon definitely works better than paint.

Edited by Ellyria

I have a D3 already. It is bright yellow. Cube shaped. It is numbered 1,2,3,1,2,3. RPS or Quartz, Parchment, Shears. Now I have two things to use the die for. This gives me an idea though (in the general category of, 'Why buy a special die when you could just make a chart?' )

Random Big Bang Theory RPSLS™ chart:

1. Rock
  2. Paper
  3. Scissors
  4. Lizard
  5. Spock
  6. Rock
  7. Paper
  8. Scissors
  9. Lizard
  10. Spock

...use a D10 :rock:

• Like 4

One thing to watch out for when using renumbered dice is picking it up when you're intending to pick up another die of the same shape.

Chessex's 12-sided d4s are nice, because they use Roman numerals, so they're hard to mistake. But six-sided d3s really aren't very good for fireballs.

Other trap dice:

• d20 numbered as 0-9 twice. I used to have quite a few of these, as that was the only numbering scheme that anyone offered. Typically, gamers would color one set of numbers in a light color and the other in a dark color. There were people who would pick which color was which after rolling.
  • Average dice (d6 numbered 2,3,3,4,4,5 -- used for some miniatures games)
  • Novelty dice (I have a set with one die numbered 2,2,2,2,6,6 and the other with nothing but 5s and I have another die with two 6s and no 1s) I keep these far away from my gaming dice, in a dedicated box. It would be embarrassing to use them in game.