You haven't seen...WHAT?!?

Ellyria

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are the best. I have a repainted crossbow that is my favorite thing ever.

I have one I gave to a friend to repaint for me over a year ago. As of yet, I haven't heard back from him. Thankfully, it was one I picked up for $7 at the goodwill.

just remember, take the nerf gun out of your laptop case before trying to fly. It was just a little one in the back pouch, that I had forgotten, but airport security are ever so picky

Fun fact: I can bring a real gun in to my local airport due to crazy Oregon gun laws.

Has anyone mentioned Record of Lodoss War for anime yet? Its basically a DnD cartoon.

I second this. I loved that show, even if I only saw the first half of the first series. Much better plot and characters than the official D&D cartoon.... Which I would have to add the 'must see' list because while it is terrible, it is also funny. I mean, they kill a beholder with a flower, for crying in the dark!

I also loved Terra Nova! I was really disappointed when they cancelled it after only one season :(

This is what Fox does. They take a lot of risks when it comes to Sci-Fi shows. Sometimes, they pay off (Dark Angel is a prime example). The rest of the time, they never make their money back and drop the project after a year or less. It's a shame, but look at it this way: At least we got one enjoyable season rather than nothing.

If you follow the rules (and remember that it's a "firearm" not a "gun" when you talk to the counter critters), it's pretty easy to fly with a gun in the US. (Where "with" means "in the same airplane", of course.)

I don't think you understand. I can take a concealed weapon in to PDX. State law forbids the government from preventing people from bringing firearms on to public property, which the only exception being public parks. The state legislature almost sued PDX because they had banned firearms at the airport, and as the airport was public property, it wasn't legal. When I inherited a gun last year, I did tons of research into gun ownership and the local laws (I found out I didn't have to register it, and seeing how old the gun is, it probably was never registered in the first place).

But is is all neither here nor there and totally off topic. Also, a landmine of an issue that probably should be avoided because, you know, guns and the controversy surrounding them.

• Like 1

Record of Lodoss war is one of my favorites. The first episode, which takes place in about the middle of the story, kinda threw me off at first, but after I got into it, things where great.

oh and Buglips, that is disgusting. I should hold you done and wash you, with soap for that

• Like 2

along with Space: Above and Beyond.

Kristen Cloke makes me feel funny in my pants and gives me the dirty thoughts. Along with Cate Blanchette and Winona Ryder.

Here, lean in close to the screen.

*telepathic transmission*

See?

Filthy, innit?

Thanks for sharing. If only Pizza Hut delivered hard liquor with pizza, I might have been able to clean the dirty from my mind.

I found out that the show was originally suppose to be just "Above and Beyond" and was originally about Marine aviators during the pacific front in WWII. However, the producers at Fox thought that wouldn't sell, so they added "Space" to the title and made it Sci-Fi. If you notice, the descriptions of the Chig fighters and the USMC fighters are word-for-word the differences between the Japanese Zero and the Corsair the Navy was using at the time. Also, this show gets bonus points for having China stop being Communist is the future (take a real close look at the flag in the episode where they plan stuff) and the characters were 'fun.' Not necessarily 'good' but fun. I love seeing Joel De La Fuente in Law and Order: SVU. At least somebody was able to make a stable career from the show.

Edit: Also, if you want to hear some very interesting takes on Asian-Americans in cinema, I would suggest looking up what he had to say about the show and his character's role in it.

Record of Lodoss war is one of my favorites. The first episode, which takes place in about the middle of the story, kinda threw me off at first, but after I got into it, things where great.

oh and Buglips, that is disgusting. I should hold you done and wash you, with soap for that

That also threw me off, but I recovered quickly. I wasn't able to continue the show because the video store my friend and I were renting the series from didn't have the next tape, as it had been eaten by someone's VCR.

Man, I'm old.

Edited by CaptainPete

I grew up with VHS and 5 1/4 floppies. And my 5th grade teacher used laser discs. So, I hear you. :)

This is something that any RPG tabletop player will appreciate, and which I love showing to my similarly RPG playing friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEka-RIy1Y

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot

I grew up with VHS and 5 1/2 floppies. And my 5th grade teacher used laser discs. So, I hear you. :)

This is something that any RPG tabletop player will appreciate, and which I love showing to my similarly RPG playing friends:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBEka-RIy1Y

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

You mean 5 1/4" floppies, don't you? My family's second computer used them - our first used tapes.

• Like 1