You haven't seen...WHAT?!?

Ellyria

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a big fan of animated movies. I love Disney's older stuff (except Bambi). I love Pixar. I love all the DC Animated movies, and some of the Marvel and Blue Sky. One of my all time favorite Disney movies was The Black Cauldron. Then I read The Chronicles of Prydain. I still enjoy the movie, but I sometimes have to stop and ask myself wtf.

• Like 2

I'm a big fan of animated movies. I love Disney's older stuff (except Bambi). I love Pixar. I love all the DC Animated movies, and some of the Marvel and Blue Sky. One of my all time favorite Disney movies was The Black Cauldron. Then I read The Chronicles of Prydain. I still enjoy the movie, but I sometimes have to stop and ask myself wtf.

Oh, man, those DC animated films are great. Somebody add those to the list.

Leglesslegolegolas is in the Hobbit because he's a wood elf, and he was around to see his daddy being a jerk to the Dwarves and Bilbo, though he wasn't ever mentioned in the book it's not completely inconceivable. As for why Legolaseslass is holding her arrow like that.It's because she doesn't like her fingers

• Like 2

Speaking of Hobbitbomination...

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q71/s720x720/1379862_10151889698241558_1527198765_n.jpg

Why is Legolas in the Hobbit? Who is Girl Legolas and how is she holding her arrow like that?

He's in the movie because a single movie wouldn't give Peter Jackon enough to finish his money fort, so he needed extra material for a three-parter. ShadowRaven is correct however, in that the Wood Elf King was his father, so he was probably kicking around Mirkwood someplace.

Speaking of Hobbitbomination...

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q71/s720x720/1379862_10151889698241558_1527198765_n.jpg

Why is Legolas in the Hobbit? Who is Girl Legolas and how is she holding her arrow like that?

Having done archery, I hook my finger over the arrow like that to keep it nocked while I draw the bowstring back (otherwise, the business end of the arrow can flail around some). Once I'm at full draw, I then remove my finger, aim and fire.

It is a very bad idea to leave one's finger anywhere near the arrow while firing, since it WILL become lacerated from the fletching (feathers) as the arrow leaves the bow.

...Not that I'm speaking from experience or anything... :ph34r:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 2

I've always used just my index finger to hold the shaft when I draw, then drop it as I let go. Drawing it between two fingers I think I would find it too hard to move my hand without the arrow wobbling. Of course my hunting bow has a nice arrow rest so I don't have to worry when I use it.

It's even worse when the vane comes loose from the arrow and goes through your finger.

Luckily I've never had that happen, though I have seen arrows nocked the wrong way, resulting in one of them being ripped completely off as the arrow leaves the bow. The person whose equipment was being used was not very happy. :P

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Willow is also fantastic, I've seen Warwick Davies a couple of times at Con's, great guy.

I too have met Warwick at a con. Me makes everyone feel like they are his old friend. Its no wonder directors keep putting him in movies he must be a joy to have arround a movie set.

For me Galaxy Quest is the movie I have never gotten arround to watching. I did not go with my buddies when they went to see it and they are shocked that i still have not seen it.

Edited by Hibou

Ok I have something to add here and it's quite important. About 7 years ago I stopped watching terrestrial and cable TV. I only watch services on DVD or Blu Ray and stuff on iplayer and my lovefilm streaming account.

Does anyone else do this?

Basically I don't have a TV license and haven't needed one for 7 years! (UK)

:)

• Like 1