You haven't seen...WHAT?!?

Ellyria

Nice list Ellyria. I have seen every movie on your list except Moulin Rouge and Wasabi. I'd never heard of Wasabi, but I'm a fan of Jean Reno so I will fix that as soon as I get a chance.

For quotable movies, I'd add Galaxy Quest, rarely does a game session go by where I don't shout "Never give up! Never surrender!" Usually just before dying.

We have a player who tries hard, but he isn't very good at building characters, so he tends to die. A lot. So when things start to look bleak I break out: "Let's get out of here before one of those things kills (generic pc name)."

And at least when you say "Give us a signal" to the rogue, "C-Caw, C-Caw" is an appropriate reply.

I like Firefly enough that I bought the DVD, but the obsessive fans are so ridiculous that I am almost ashamed to admit it. I really like pretty much all of Joss Whedon's stuff, minus the fans.

I like zom-coms, I'd add Shaun of the Dead and Fido to Warm Bodies and Zombieland.

Thanks to Kröd Mändoon we rarely come across a sword without someone saying "Please be a flaming sword of fire!" It'll probably stop being fun when someone finally gets one.

The last time the group saw a cyclops, someone asked "are you sure it's not a biclops?" and someone else said "ask if you can see it's flesh snorkel"

"All hail Emperor Xanus!"

I'm surprised you missed Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

"Brave sir Robin ran away"

"Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

"It's just a scratch"

"What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?"

"I'm not dead yet"

"There are some who call me...Tim"

• Like 5

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Monty Python. Seems like something I would have liked if it hadn't been beaten to death before I had a chance to explore it. Now the legacy of almost three decades of endless quoting have so exhausted me that a mere single utterance means immediate lifetime expulsion from my game. No exceptions.

• Like 3

"Shaun of the Dead" is one of my top 5 zombie movies ever. I love Simon Peg and Nick Frost. Another movie I'm not ashamed to admit I love, and it seems very few people I know have seen is "Love Actually." It has an amazing cast, and I find it endlessly hilarious. Another movie I'm surprised no one has mentioned is "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang." Really amazing movie, and it never gets any love. Pretty much any Clint Eastwood movie ever.

Animated:

1977 The Hobbit (a guilty pleasure)

Pretty much anything DC Animated

Pretty much anything Miyazaki

Blue Submarine No. 6.

I recently bought and watched Epic, and while it's not really Purple it's at least a Blue

Television:

Law and Order Criminal Intent

NCIS (they really need to wrap this up)

Magnum P.I. (obviously)

Community

House M.D. (everything but the last season which is horrible)

Band of Brothers

Batman The Animated Series

Batman Beyond

Justice League and JLU

Monty Python is like so many other things in my life, I grew up in such a cultural vacuum that when I discovered it there were no other people who knew it. So, I got to experience it unblemished. I love me some Monty Python.

No love for "Legend" or "Labyrinth?" I'm shocked, and appalled at you people. No John Hughes on the lists? You people are all fired. Fie. Urd.

• Like 1

Trading Places

Blazing Saddles

Airplane

Police Squad/Naked Guns

The Big Lebowski

Fargo

Office Space

Young Frankenstein

Snatch

Blues Brothers

Night of the Living Dead

Return of the Living Dead

Terminator trilogy

Star Wars trilogy (there was only one)

Back to the Future trilogy

Clerks

Memento

Mulholland Drive

The Holy Grail

Anchorman

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Shining

Svengali

Nosferatu

Any Jean Rollin film

Any Buster Keaton or Charlie Chapin

• Like 1

Star Wars trilogy (there was only one)

Agreed.

And by Terminator trilogy, I like to count Salvation and pretend that T3 never happened.

If you don't like Pink Floyd I can't talk to you anymore.

XD

I was trying to come up with a comparable analogy to the rabid devotion and worship that Firefly fans exhibit and someone on the outside going, "Okay, okay! I'll experience that when I feel like it. Jesus."

I'll get baked out of my mind and watch an entire Floyd concert as soon as everyone I know plays Chrono Trigger and reads Ender's Game.

I definitely brain farted not having Shaun of the Dead, Galaxy Quest, Monty Python and Batman Beyond in my collection. This is why you guys are awesome.

Edited by Ellyria
  • Like 1

Loim Logic: Why The Nightmare Before Christmas is the perfect holiday movie (every holiday).

Halloween - This one is pretty much self explanatory

Christmas - Also self explanatory

Valentine's - There's a love story and stuff in there somewhere

Easter - The Easter Bunny has a prominent role

Thanksgiving - There's a tree with a turkey and stuff on it

Other holidays - See Thanksgiving

• Like 4

I hate Monty Python. Seems like something I would have liked if it hadn't been beaten to death before I had a chance to explore it. Now the legacy of almost three decades of endless quoting have so exhausted me that a mere single utterance means immediate lifetime expulsion from my game. No exceptions.

The worse part about that? Monty Python was all about trying new and different things in comedy. The 'Flying Circus' show rarely had the same characters in it twice b/c the troupe was all about new and different. Trying crazy crap that had never been tried before - endlessly repeating the same one-liners (beyond the Its Man and 'and now for something completely different') was pretty much the antithesis to what Python was all about.

• Like 3