You haven't seen...WHAT?!?

Ellyria

When the 1989 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and X-Men arcade games came on Xbox Live my eyes lit right up. Because those two games owe me a ton of money in quarters. And I told them as much. I said "I have you now. I have you. And I will never let you go free. I have infinite quarters, and now I am going to make you pay. Make you pay until my fingers bleed. For every. Single. Quarter. Every one! Particularly you, Shredder, with your allowance-eating cheat jutsu. Victory is mine!"

• Like 5

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe I went through this thread and didn't see one mention of Buckaroo Banzai. It may not be one of the best movies out there but its certainly fun and very quotable. In fact I see quotes from it all the time in this forum.

Remember, no matter where you go, there you are

• Like 1

Do any of you like older movies, and by that I mean Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Katherine Hepburn, etc?

Are you kidding? I nearly filled my britches with liquid when I heard some of the lost Metropolis footage had been found. Sadly, nobody else I know was nearly as excited. Or even knew the importance of being able to restore most of Fritz Lang's vision.

They were all like "but that's old and looks like crap compared to today" and "it doesn't make any sense". Sometimes I feel like a pilgrim in an unholy land.

Yar i tried to get a group together from me old Sci fi club to go see it when it was making it's rounds in theaters. There was some interest. but sadly it only played at some movie festival in my state and we were unable to see it. Still need to go buy it and have a movie night with it.

I can't believe I went through this thread and didn't see one mention of Buckaroo Banzai. It may not be one of the best movies out there but its certainly fun and very quotable. In fact I see quotes from it all the time in this forum.

I could have swore that quote was from one of the Mad Max movies?

Another of my favorites is The Adventures of the Baron Von Munchausen. Robin Williams is actually credited as Ray de Tutu which is his name in the movie.

I loathe 3D to the point where when my friends go to see almost any movie these days,I tend to stay home. I may, if it is a movie I really want to see, give it one more try, with my contacts in, but other than that,nope,not interested. Got my own 3D projects to work on, a few hundred minis still in need of paint.

Another of my favorites is The Adventures of the Baron Von Munchausen. Robin Williams is actually credited as Ray de Tutu which is his name in the movie.

Definitely not a quote from the Mad Max franchise!

There are 3D movies now?

Not really.

• Like 1

Definitely not a quote from the Mad Max franchise!

There are 3D movies now?

Not really.

Thunderdome...

Pigkiller: Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.

I miss out on a lot of things because I'm out of the loop. I don't even have a smart phone. Thankfully, I've seen just about, or own, most of the movies and shows you all have mentioned. Music is one of my many weak points. Video games, too.

Some of my 'must see' movies/TV:

Johnny Mnemonic (Just look who's in the movie)

The original A-Team

Stargate: SG-1

Escape From New York

Venture Brothers

Hackers

I also have a massive list of books, but if you haven't read The Stand, don't talk to me until you do.

• Like 2

guess I can't talk to you than. I do not like Stephen King, He either bores me, depresses me,or disgusts me

If you haven't tried The Stand, you really should. It's his best, in my opinion. I have a huge love for end-of-the-world media and The Stand is one of those stories that really captures... Well, just about everything. I re-read it every year or so.

Also, totally surprised that no one has mentioned Neon Genesis Evangelion, the original. That was most of my teenage years, watching and thinking about that show. It's also a pretty good deconstruction of the Mecha genre of anime.

And, to score some 'nerd points' I first watched Akira when I was seven. I think it explains a lot about how I ended up the way I am.