Sign in to follow this  
annexation

Recently finished a Brandle Birchstaff (03505)

That's a right fine paint job. Welcome to the forums. An auspicious first post.

In case you are interested, you can post your work in progress to the forum of the same name. Assuming you remember to take pictures. Really that's the hard part. Remembering to stop and take pics.

Firstly. Welcome to the madhouse err forums. Hope you enjoy your time here.

That said, a beautiful piece for a first post. Great shadows and highlighting. Hope to see much more from you.

Welcome to the boards! You posted this in /r/minipainting, didn't you? I was the dude that asked about your highlighting. :) Very nicely done.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By buglips*the*goblin
      This miniature I've had for a while, since about 2008.  I tried painting her a while ago, but I got stuck.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I find painting horses to be very difficult - mostly because my colours just never seemed quite right.

In November, I had to lay in supplies for over winter and that meant buying the last of my paint restocks from Coat D'Arms.  While I was there, I noticed in their military line they had some Horse Tone colours.  I figured, hey, why not?  At least they'd probably wind up the proper colour. 

So Ms. Redstorm here was my first try using Coat D'Arms 224 Horst Tone Bay.  The other horse tones are Dun, Chestnut, and Roan.  If anybody is interested in seeing these in use, I have a number of horses and will be ordering more in a few days so I can do a WIP to show the different ones.  Having pre-mixed horse colours simplifies the task quite a lot, and four colours is enough to add variety to a mounted group.  I really enjoyed painting this miniature, and I never thought painting a horse would be so much fun. 

Also, if you're wondering why I filed off the intricate design of her shield that shows in store photos it's because her on-foot version (Vanessa of the Blade) I painted some time ago came with some pitting on the shield.  As it was not enough to really bother complaining about, I merely filed it off and painted a simple quartered pattern.  Since the mounted version should match my footed version, I did the same here. 

So if you want to see a WIP of the horse tone colours, let me know!  I'll pick 4 Reaper horsepeople out of my collection when the new ones come in and paint 'em up.
    • By CaptMini
      I've only been at this a little over a month and am totally addicted! Went for the glowing eyes here and botched it -- Don't know how you expert painters paint son damn small!

• By Vacaroja
      I've been collecting minis for almost 30 years and finally getting around to doing what I've been wanting to do which is actually paint them.  Started a couple months ago with a few Dark Sword Critter Kingdom minis and an old Grenadier dragon.  And now this, which is my first Reaper mini and an attempt at NMM.

C&C welcome.
    • By cakira21
      Just getting back into D20 gaming, and I've recently became a big fan of the Reaper Mini line. Just wanted to show off some work I've done in the past month or so. All have been painted with acrylic and clear coated with rust-oleum matte clear enamel for some durability for table top gaming. I borrowed some of the paint schemes from internet finds and other i just winged from what colors I liked. Any ways here's the minis.

• By buglips*the*goblin
      I have more orcs to paint, but I'm gonna switch it up for a bit and do some Spooky Scary Skeletons!

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)