Phoenix

Enchantra

Hey all!

Life takes its very strange twists and turns.

In October my boyfriend and I are moving from Seattle to Phoenix. He got a job with Microchip in what I call a classic eleventh hour save as by the end of this month his current contract with EA Games was up.

So I need to know what gaming groups there are in Phoenix, and what good gaming stores there are as well.

Thanks!!! :bday:

• Like 2

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Phoenix and have a small, but great gaming group. We usually play at my house, but the gaming stores that we use is Imperial Outpost.

What kind of gaming group are you looking for? We play everything from board games to RPGs and would love to have some new member(s) join if it is the right fit.

• Like 1

Seattle to Phoenix. You may also want to know who you can get to mop you off the sidewalk come spring

Truthfully I've already been to Phoenix, got off the plane to 99 degree heat. It wasn't all that bad so long as you don't immerse yourself in the direct sunlight for a long period of time. It went over the century mark there a few times while I was visiting. By the end of a week I was pretty acclimated to it. The best part was that my arthritis, fibromyalgia, and allergies didn't bother me in Phoenix!!

Talae: We are moving to the Chandler/Gilbert area of town as Chandler is where Microchip is. Are you near there? I have an Aunt in Buckeye as well.

• Like 2

For groups, most of the shops have notice boards and I've had good luck with Meetup.com. Well, some luck.

As far as game shops, there's Imperial Outpost on the NW side near Glendale. Nice shop but I've had issues with the way they do business. PM

me if you want to get into that. Open normal hours during the week and late on weekends.

There's Game Depot in Tempe which is the oldest shop in town and been in business since the 80's and is my favorite even though I'm in NW

Phoenix/Glendale. The conservative as far as hours go. Open into the evening but not very late.

Gamers' Inn is in Mesa. Only been here a couple of time. Used to be open 24 hours a day but don't think that is the case anymore.

All are decent sized stores with good sized inventory depending on their niche and all have a good sized play area.

Edited by Talon65

Talon, it sounds like you are not far from me. Do you have a group? What kind of games do you play/paint/other group hobbies/etc. Maybe we could try and merge or something. Our group has been shrinking over the years due to normal life stuff and we are now down to a small core group.

I live a mile or two from Imperial Outpost.

Talae, I responded to your PM about a painting group in PM.

Yeah, sounds like we're in the same area. I'm around 51st Ave. and Greenway I'm currently in three games that kinda overlap with two different groups that play on Saturday nights. A 4thEd D&D that meets every other Saturday night, another 4thEd D&D and a Savage Worlds that each meet once a month, so almost every Saturday night is booked. The other problem is all three games are kinda maxed out on players. Six players in the first D&D, nine in the second and five in the SW game. Hopefully something works out with the paint group and we can actually meet and talk about it though. I do usually get every other Saturday off so I may have some availability on those Saturdays during the day or the Friday night before. I also do have some Sundays available but can't start to early or go to late.

How many are in your current core group, when do you usually play and what RPGs do you usually play?

I saw your PM and will follow up with more detail there when I have it, but in favor of hopefully finding others in the area, I will also post some info here.

• I am at roughly 35th and Thunderbird.
  • We have been all over the place with RPGs lately. Today we played Changeling for the second time. In the last year we have played: Mutants and Masterminds, Dungeon World, D&D 4e, D&D Next Playtest, and I am sure some that I am missing. Our core group has shrunk in recent times and is currently in the 4-6 people range, with four being more common than six.
  • We try and get together about every other weekend. Lately that has been Sundays 11-5 to accommodate one or two work schedules.
  • I personally LOVE Eberron as a setting. I am trying to find a way to run a game for it soon, but uncertain on the system since I have little free-time in the week (teacher with two kids of my own).
  • We have tons of board games (I personally have bookshelves full) and love to play them as well.
  • I am personally interested in a Songs of Blades and Heroes group to encourage mini-painting variety and whatnot.
  • I also build cardstock terrain often (WorldWorks Games)