catdancer

Fantasy Vignette...Double Trouble

post-11942-0-85971700-1379978888_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-15809300-1379978798_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-42154600-1379978709_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-98087500-1379978640_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-44285200-1379978555_thumb.jpgpost-11942-0-61067300-1379978474_thumb.jpg

VIGNETTE TITLE...IT'S DOUBLE TROUBLE

FIGURES...Reaper (Sugar # 50176 & Candy # 50024)

NOTE...The whole vignette is scratch built except for the (2) miniatures...it is an oval base of (4" x 2 3/4")...the stone walk is my own plaster casting.

EXECUTION...During my planning stage...I wanted to feature these (2) miniatures on the same static base (as a display type vignette) where the figures sort of mirrored each other in both weapon hand & out stretched hand. But my dilemma was in the choice of motifs...

(A). Execute them in a really hard rock punker motif with darkened eyes, tattoos, torn hose, etc...or...

(B). Execute them in a softer semi hard rock punker motif and still maintain the cuteness of the two figures...

I chose to execute them in the option (B) style.

I hope you like this little piece.

• Like 16

Oh yes, I love this! You did the sheer stalking so well. That's a technique I've tried to learn but can't get a handle on yet. I also like the blue hair you used, very punk, but still oh so cute. Can you tell me how you did those flowers on the back of the fence?

• Like 1

Oh yes, I love this! You did the sheer stalking so well. That's a technique I've tried to learn but can't get a handle on yet. I also like the blue hair you used, very punk, but still oh so cute. Can you tell me how you did those flowers on the back of the fence?

The flowers are simple silk flowers from the craft store that I remove from the fake stems and mount on real wooden stems/vines/etc.

• Like 2

The flowers are simple silk flowers from the craft store that I remove from the fake stems and mount on real wooden stems/vines/etc.

Thank you for that. I shall put some on my shopping list. They look fabulous.

• Like 1

Why not do both?

:;):

I have given serious consideration to doing that (or at least one of the girls in a solid pure hard rock/pure punker motif)...I just need to come up with a

solid setting idea and base design.

Reminds me of Dirty Pair. Nice, bright and clean diorama - and most important of all, fun!

Yup yup. Good call.

They look good. I like the one-stocking look, and viewers note that there is no such detail sculpted on the models, that's all paint. Nicely done. Plenty to look at in the background, as usual. And another creepy red lamp post. Any chance of a "neighborhood" shot?

• Like 1

Reminds me of Dirty Pair. Nice, bright and clean diorama - and most important of all, fun!

Yup yup. Good call.

They look good. I like the one-stocking look, and viewers note that there is no such detail sculpted on the models, that's all paint. Nicely done. Plenty to look at in the background, as usual. And another creepy red lamp post. Any chance of a "neighborhood" shot?

Thanks...youwashock! What do you mean about a " neighborhood " shot?

Yup yup. Good call.

Thanks...youwashock! What do you mean about a " neighborhood " shot?

All the vignettes with the red lamp posts placed together. Catdancer's own "red light district."

• Like 1