How well do you see color?

OneBoot

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a twenty. Spent about five minutes bubble sorting. Did the top row first and proceeded down.

On my scoring graph there were 20 short little bars in about five spots clusters. Does the height of the bars mean anything?

Edited by TGP

They do say some form of color blindness affects 1 of every 12 men. It's about 16 times more common in men than in women.

A lot of people aren't even aware that they have some form of color blindness until they are tested.

I scored a 67. I honestly thought I would do worse.

I suppose I might have been able to knock off a few points by spending more time, but not many.

They do say some form of color blindness affects 1 of every 12 men. It's about 16 times more common in men than in women.

A lot of people aren't even aware that they have some form of color blindness until they are tested.

I've known I had some level of color blindness since I was a kid. It's why I pay so much attention when you (and others) write about color theory. I try to compensate for lack of perception with theoretical knowledge, so I can try to make things look right to you "normals". ::):

Sadly, it is also why it is, essentially, impossible for me to color-match things from base pigments. I'd never get the same hue twice.

The gene that controls color blindness is on the X chromosome, and only one (of that trigger) is required to work properly. Since women have two X chromosomes, they are significantly less likely to suffer from color-blindness.

The more you know.... ;)

-Dave

• Like 2